news: no thank you mr Pecker

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

news: no thank you mr Pecker

Post by fiksal » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 15:58

I am unsure if it's worth its own thread, but it's a fun read with priceless title.

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no-th ... 6e3922310f

I wasn't aware of NE's possible ties to Saudi's, but that does make for interesting story.
That they are sleazebags and black mail people, that's no surprise, I imagine, to anyone.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

red assassin
x3

Re: news: no thank you mr Pecker

Post by red assassin » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 16:48

I'll just leave this here:

https://i.imgur.com/1B1HHXO.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 17:07

I see what you did there :D

We can have endless fun with the titles

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 17:53

When this shakes out I suspect you'll find a fair whiff of Trump in the air.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 20:52

"Never have so many been so grateful for so few digital cameras during the majority of their lifetime," said my generation.

To be fair, anyone who takes compromising pictures of themselves and then sends them to a third party is... not a good choice for financial investment. That being said, Blackmail is illegal and morally wrong, so if AMI is guilty of that, they should go to jail.

I am, however, reminded of this:

Youtube: Blackmailing Batman

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 23:41

Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 20:52
"Never have so many been so grateful for so few digital cameras during the majority of their lifetime," said my generation.

To be fair, anyone who takes compromising pictures of themselves and then sends them to a third party is... not a good choice for financial investment. That being said, Blackmail is illegal and morally wrong, so if AMI is guilty of that, they should go to jail.

Naah, it was Alexa ;).
I can't breathe.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 23:51

More importantly I think taking on Bezos might have been.... misguided.
I can't breathe.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 01:15

It's true, should try to keep compromising material the minimum... Which is why I am either not going to ever run for a public office, or will post all my blackmail myself at once

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 17:53
When this shakes out I suspect you'll find a fair whiff of Trump in the air.
Isn't that weird how we eventually end up there? Oh the company he keeps....

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 23:51
More importantly I think taking on Bezos might have been.... misguided.
Especially the part where he apparently gave what appeared to be unlimited funds to an investigator. That's a nice job.

Morkonan wrote:

Good stuff

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 06:39

Morkonan wrote:
To be fair, anyone who takes compromising pictures of themselves and then sends them to a third party is... not a good choice for financial investment.
I'm unclear on the link there? What does someone's moral fibre have to do with how good they are in business? Now, if he'd murdered somebody and was thus likely to be locked up for a while I'd see your point.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:03

pjknibbs wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 06:39
Morkonan wrote:
To be fair, anyone who takes compromising pictures of themselves and then sends them to a third party is... not a good choice for financial investment.
I'm unclear on the link there? What does someone's moral fibre have to do with how good they are in business? Now, if he'd murdered somebody and was thus likely to be locked up for a while I'd see your point.
At that point it's not about "moral fibre." I don't care what people do with their jangly bits, but willfully providing someone with compromising information that can not be redacted or retrieved is... not smart. Given what someone in his position should know about electronic communication and the incriminating nature and headlines gained by so very many nekkid celebrities with busy selfie-sticks, he should have been smart enough to know better than to be put in such a position.

He wasn't smart. It was not a good decision. It was, in fact, the same dumb choice that legions of people have made and not one of them was ever happy about making it... (Except those that get paid to do so.) Bezos did not learn from "#TheFappening" and THAT demonstrates to me he's not one I could rely on for good financial investment advice. :)

Return to “Off Topic English”