Stellar Tactics - Interesting Ship Types and mining System

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hakenden
x4

Stellar Tactics - Interesting Ship Types and mining System

Post by hakenden » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 01:24

Interesting Ship Typs and mining System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cq99kh ... e=youtu.be

It is a intersting system, to send Drons in a System with a Platform Ship and not near the miner, or direct to a Planet.
And the decing of the ships is also nice.
Entweder ich finde einen Weg oder ich baue einen "Hannibals Reaktion auf die Mitteilung, man könne die Alpen nicht mit Elefanten überwinden"

fiksal
x4

Re: Interesting Ship Typs and mining System

Post by fiksal » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 15:35

Wasnt there an X3 script like that too... I thought there was
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Stellar Tactics - Interesting Ship Types and mining System

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 20:22

Looks a bit too "fire and forget" in terms of automation for my liking. I don't mind that as long as it fits well with the rest of the game, though.

But, at least in X3TC, I loved constructing all the intricate bits of my logistics systems. I had a whole pre-planned operation for Mobile Mining Base Ships for mining asteroid sectors. All my ship types, equipment, protection, freighters to move the ore wherever it was needed, etc.. The only deviation I used was because I didn't want it to be "entirely automated" for everything. For instance, when I finally gave into the temptation, not for money but just for something else to do, to mine/sell Nividium, I made it a point to manually control the freighters moving to sell it.

Keep in mind, all games have different foci and gameplay, so a fire-and-forget type of "never have to leave your seat" kind of operation might be just fine for that game. But, one of the reasons I love X3TC is because that's not its focus - Building very complex logistics systems to support your growing empire of stuffs is "part of the game." And, if there's a giant Mobile Mining Base Ship in the game, you should use it! :) I manually piloted most of mine to their final locations just for "funsies." And, yes, it took a long time, but that kind of thing appeals to my inner-nerd. :)
fiksal wrote:
Tue, 19. Mar 19, 15:35
Wasnt there an X3 script like that too... I thought there was
I'd be surprised if there wasn't. But, if it used Drones, they had their own weird quirks, IIRC. The most infamous being exploiting dupe-bug cargo transfers for much profitsssss. :)

Return to “Off Topic English”