Julian Assange arrested in London

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Re: Julian Assange arrested in London

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 21. May 19, 00:47

Morkonan wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 03:12
Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 16:37
Ecuador just received 4200 Million Dollars in funds from IMF. Yes timing is indeed interesting.
I assume you're implying some conspiracy. Assange isn't worth a buck twenty-five... He's an "also ran." Sure, the US wants him, but do you think the US really cares that much? If we did, we would have gone to Ecuador and pressed our case with more emphasis. It's not like we thought he'd live there forever. There isn't likely to be much that Assange could tell us about Wikileaks that US Intelligence agencies don't already know.
I think you might be missing a somewhat obvious point there Morkonan. It would be extremely convenient for everybody concerned should Assange be shipped off to Sweden, first, on a rape trial.

Saves the UK#s blushes. Sweden's blushes, NATO's blushes, Ecuador's blushes and...... Trump's blushes.

If he's as important as the US has made him out to be where are all the journalists digging into him, and his sources?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Fri, 24. May 19, 02:47

Julian Assange, Wikileaks co-founder, faces 17 new charges in US https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48391266 because reporting the murder of the innocent is violating the US espionage act
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 24. May 19, 03:32

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 02:47
Julian Assange, Wikileaks co-founder, faces 17 new charges in US https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48391266 because reporting the murder of the innocent is violating the US espionage act
are you saying he didnt reveal names and didnt put anyone at risk as the charges say?
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 24. May 19, 11:57

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 02:47
The likes of the Guardian reported the "murder of innocents". Assange did not.

Assange only published stolen material - it was the newspapers and investigative folks who uncovered the content and reported it in a reasonably responsible matter. Assange believes he had no responsibilities to anyone's welfare, didn't censor to protect individuals, just gave it all out.

It could all have been published by him while protecting the vulnerable. He didn't. It's unsurprising the amount of charges are increasing, and I can only assume that's to make a stronger case for extradition over Sweden as they'll have known this lot for years. Still think he should serve his time (if found guilty) in Sweden first, and then be shipped to the US.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 24. May 19, 18:18

Assange is a trash human.
Regretfully however, the article below has a point:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ch/590254/

Extradite him to Sweden, try him for the crimes of which he stands accused there, let the Swedes decide what to do with him afterwards.
Frankly I trust them to make the right call here a damn sight more than I trust my own government, sycophants to the US that they are.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 00:08

GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 13:28

Bishop149 wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 18:18
Extradite him to Sweden, try him for the crimes of which he stands accused there, let the Swedes decide what to do with him afterwards.
Frankly I trust them to make the right call here a damn sight more than I trust my own government, sycophants to the US that they are.
Perhaps more to the point I believe that standard protocol with extraditions is that the country that files charges first has first dibs on the accused. So on that basis alone he deserves to go back to Sweden first.

Although I am curious to know what light might be shed on Trump et al should he go on trial in the US.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 22:31

Swedish prosecutors attempted to drop extradition proceedings against Julian Assange as early as 2013, https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/ ... mails-show
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Return to “Off Topic English”