OMG liverpool have done it

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

OMG liverpool have done it

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 8. May 19, 04:24

Liverpool are into their second successive Champions League final after overcoming Barcelona with a stunning second-leg fightback on an epic night at Anfield. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48179167
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Len5

Re: OMG liverpool have done it

Post by Len5 » Wed, 8. May 19, 13:01

Liverpool deserved more in Barcelona and Barça deserved more in Liverpool, so in the end luck didn't matter that much and the best go through.
I'm happy that Messi got knocked out after he said at the start of this season he would bring the cup back to Barcelona and Ronaldo got knocked out after he said he would do the same for Juventus.
And Ramos got knocked out after purposely taking a suspension for the second match against Ajax. Arrogance being punished.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 9. May 19, 03:53

Time like this make me glad I'm not a local United fan, giving the upwind for Liverpool and the shit show happening at United. If I know anything about the football culture of England, I bet my fellow Red Devil are having some really antagonizing time overthere. :shock:

Still, as a fan of the Premier League in general I'm glad the England team pushing out all the La Liga team this round, hope this will continue for some year. I doubt RM can rebuild in just one season and Barca looks really hopeless when Messi has a bad day.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Thu, 9. May 19, 16:19

The Spurs got lucky in the last second again. They'll need luck against Liverpool to win, I think.
Sad to see them reach the final. I'd rather see a club from a poor competition win the CL once. But money wins again, alas.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 10. May 19, 00:06

Eh I love Ajax and wanted them to win the UCL, just like how I would love to see the Oranje win the WC once, I'm a big fan of dutch football in general. But really I don't think it's fair to pull up the wealth card here, Ajax did knocked out Galatico RM after all, so I feel that angle is only used when it's convenience. I am glad that the state of Qatar was knocked out but not due to the money angle, but greater principal. If I can take one good thing about United this season is we had a hand in making that happen.

Gonna be cheering for Spur for final.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 10. May 19, 00:22

Well, that's Arsenal and Chelsea through to the final of the Europa League.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Fri, 10. May 19, 10:33

thats 3 london teams in the finals omg and congratulations to the spurs i hope they win
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Len5

Post by Len5 » Fri, 10. May 19, 14:56

Mightysword, I'm not saying they won because they're rich. It just confirms the notion that only rich clubs can win.

The last time not one of the richest clubs won was maybe in 2003/3004 when Porto won. And before that it was Ajax in 1995 and that was before the Bosman ruling.
Before the Bosman ruling there were all kinds of finalists and winners.

Now the rich teams want to protect their positions and increase their incomes by setting up a super league where the small clubs have even less chance to enter.
And the rich clubs want to take all the money. The gap between the rich and poor clubs will grow even larger.

Ajax will make a lot of money now and will have a much larger budget than the other clubs in the Dutch league, but they'll lose 5-6 of their best players and have to start all over again.
So their chances to reach far in the CL next season are slim and their chances to win their league hasn't become larger.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 10. May 19, 15:57

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”