Physics. Brings joy to you since forever.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Physics. Brings joy to you since forever.

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 31. May 19, 20:34

So, I'm going out to a store for some groceries. It's evening, and there's a light shower going on. Under the overhang on entryway to my building there are three girls, maybe eighteen, berating one another how it wasn't the best time to go out. I mean, the shower is light, but they're girls. Makeup, hair, and all that. No umbrellas, and only two of them have hoods. So, they're waiting it out.

On my way back it's time to truly appreciate the weather. Behind me, there's a clear blue sky and a bright evening sun. In front of me, behind my block, is an even gray screen - the whole Eastern sky is completely overcast. And the shower's still going on. So, a rainbow. Double one at that, although outer arc wasn't that well defined. But the inner one was "full", and very saturated.

These past few months were rather blue, both for weather and for me personally, but this event made me smile. I mean, OK, it's a rainbow, who hasn't seen that? But I don't know, it's still rare enough, especially when it's so well defined. I wouldn't want to miss such visage if I knew about it. So, on my way back in, I just tell the girls that they're missing out. What do you know? With a quick "thanks" they're off in an instant, to marvel.

Takes me maybe a minute to go up, grab dog for a walk and go back down. Passed them on my way to the usual walking path. What rain? What makeup? What hair? What hoods? They're standing there, phones in hands, drawing arcs in the air with free hands, pointing to one another "look at that! no, look at this!.." I guess, they wouldn't have wanted to miss this one either.

Observe
xr

Re: Physics. Brings joy to you since forever.

Post by Observe » Fri, 31. May 19, 21:05

Thank you for your expression of gratitude for the wonder of life.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. May 19, 22:21

Having a 3 year old granddaughter keeping us occupied has brought back the 'wonder' aspect of many things that had become rather mundane to our adult eyes - rainbows certainly but also other examples of nature and wildlife, or even of everyday life such as simple bus or train rides!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 06:10

I have a furry idiot too and the interactions between me and him are priceless. I call him dog dog.

DD: A RABBIT! I'M GONNA BARK AT IT
Me: It's 0600 people are sleeping knock it off
DD: RABBIT!

Me: That's a snake leave it alone.
DD: IMMA BE FRIENDS WITH SNEK I WANT TO SNIFF IT
Snek: Rattle rattle rattle

DD: YOU PUT SOCKS ON YOU ARE LEAVING FOREVER DONT PUT SOCK ON I TAKE SOCK
Me: I'm going to work chill out I'll be back.

Me: You cant have pepperoni you'll barf like you always do this is why we have no rugs.
DD: YOU HATE ME WHAT DID I DO
Who made that man a gunner?

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 13:05

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 1. Jun 19, 06:10
I have a furry idiot too and the interactions between me and him are priceless. I call him dog dog.

DD: A RABBIT! I'M GONNA BARK AT IT
Me: It's 0600 people are sleeping knock it off
DD: RABBIT!

Me: That's a snake leave it alone.
DD: IMMA BE FRIENDS WITH SNEK I WANT TO SNIFF IT
Snek: Rattle rattle rattle

DD: YOU PUT SOCKS ON YOU ARE LEAVING FOREVER DONT PUT SOCK ON I TAKE SOCK
Me: I'm going to work chill out I'll be back.

Me: You cant have pepperoni you'll barf like you always do this is why we have no rugs.
DD: YOU HATE ME WHAT DID I DO
That made me laugh, thank you :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”