Anyone else playing Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hector0x
x3tc

Anyone else playing Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition?

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 16:48

I'm having a blast with this mod! I played through the base game back when it released (2015?). At this time i just had to rush through the storyline because i've also read the books before that and was extremely impatient about the Geralt-Ciri reunion. So i missed most of the sidecontent, not to mention the two expansions that came out later.

A few weeks ago i informed myself about the state of the game and it's mods and decided to install the Enhanced Edition. And oh boye! It's hard as nails, but it's one of the best gaming experiences ever. They improved almost everything. I can discover all the things i missed with excellent gameplay now.

- manual swordfighting without lock on like vanilla (you can change direction mid-swing to hit them in the back for extra flanking damage!!!)
- actual stamina and health management (you can get injured and even unable to sprint out of combat)
- you have to weigh up and choose all your actions wisely. For example not using signs keeps your base damage higher, raising toxicity makes you resist staggers better, but lowers your mana regen. Everything has benefits and drawbacks.
- expensive to keep equipment in shape and buy ingredients. As a Witcher you stay relatively poor (most people won't buy your alchemy stuff, no point in farming flowers)
- you have to think twice before drawing your silver sword as it fades quickly and is expensive to repair and most monsters can be defeated with steel too (its finally lore friendly)
- a weight limit forces you to throw away stuff you need the least and live like a true vagabond with few belongings. (Seriously. On the streets you just own what you can hide inside your body)
- the best alchemy system of all Witcher games. It's like Witcher 1's, but heavily improved. All ingredients have their uses, even abundant ones like flowers. You have different qualities, purities, different weights, secondary bonus effects if you mix the right stuff with each other.
- all decoctions, potions, and oils have unique effects. No more +15% damage against vampires! You have stuff like corrosive oil that improves armor penetration, but damages your blade at the same time. It's brilliant!

I highly recommend this mod. You can even tweak everything and make the game as hard or easy as you like.

Return to “Off Topic English”