What simple thing can you do to lessen your impact on the environment?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gavrushka
x4

Re: What simple thing can you do to lessen your impact on the environment?

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 08:23

I think part of the problem, and someone touched on it earlier in this thread, is that people don't care. Many feel disenfranchised, others simply don't appreciate that individual efforts (be it in lifestyle changes or voting habits) really are a far more powerful weapon than we believe.

So perhaps the simplest thing any of us can do to lessen our impact on the environment is to just act, even if we believe it's pointless.

And imprison politicians who make faux promises, especially where they impact the quality of our/our children's lives.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

RegisterMe
x4

Re: What simple thing can you do to lessen your impact on the environment?

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 29. Aug 19, 00:44

It's late, and I've not looked into it properly yet, but this looks interesting:-

https://www.ecosia.org/?c=en

(apparently it's a search engine that puts 80% of its profits into tree planting)
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”