Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (X, Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blake00
xr

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (X, Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)

Post by Blake00 » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 10:35

Looks like another X style game has arrived. Although it appears to be more like Freelancer and Wing Commander privateer than X. Which is fine with me as Freelancer was actually the game that got me into this genre. I wouldn't be the obsessed X fan I am today if it wasn't for Freelancer. Hell I'm such a FL fan I run a fb fan group for it haha. Fans still mod it to this day creating cool stuff but somehow this great old game never got a sequel.

I haven't played the first Rebel Galaxy game as it looked like a cap ship side on shooter and I prefer cockpit fighter games however this new game appears to be the later. You can tell their Freelancer fans as the main character is named Juno and it has planetary landings! Sadly it’s an Epic store exclusive for now but that’s okay, I'll just wait for it to come to steam as I’m in no hurry due to my endless gaming to do list lol.

This guy has done a good video review of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abmolH6sSy4

Here's some sexy screens I found around the net:
https://i.imgur.com/oXDyrvX.png

https://rebel-galaxy.com/wp-content/upl ... creen4.png

https://rebel-galaxy.com/wp-content/upl ... 6ZpxFP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c5YTYja.jpg

https://gamespot1.cbsistatic.com/upload ... -rebel.jpg
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Chips
x4

Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (X, Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)

Post by Chips » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 11:52

Going to have to add this to the watch list :) Freelancer was, and honestly remains, awesome :)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 12:09

Yeah, I'd buy it, but I am not going to encourage Epic exclusives so will have to sit it out :(.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 13:22

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 12:09
Yeah, I'd buy it, but I am not going to encourage Epic exclusives so will have to sit it out :(.
Ditto. I did actually play the first one for an hour or two but never really got into it.

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 19:38

I 'think' this one is quite different to the first one.

Yeah it looks like we'll be waiting a year too which sucks a bit but meh like I said before I've got plenty of other things to play in the meantime lol. Plus it allows more time for patching and dlc etc.

Does epic store not have a customer review system? I can't find any review on the store page.
Blake's Sanctum:
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 21:15

Blake00 wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 19:38
Does epic store not have a customer review system? I can't find any review on the store page.
The Epic store barely has a store! They'd rather spend their money on timed exclusives than, you know, actually building a storefront that can compete with Steam on its own merits.

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 13:09

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 21:15
The Epic store barely has a store! They'd rather spend their money on timed exclusives than, you know, actually building a storefront that can compete with Steam on its own merits.
hahaha fair enough.. figured as much lol!
Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:19

The game is OK(ish), its not as good as the predecessor, as it only has 5 ships and of those 3 force you to play a certain style (Trader, mercenary and in-between). Its good fun for the first few hours I found but it got dull and boring fast. As usual I hold on to the boring bits trying to find something that might be hidden in some progression, but alas there was not. Stopped playing a while ago and didnt get anywhere near the end.

The fact that is was 25€ made it so that it didnt feel like a total waist of money (looking at you Imperator Rome)

MFG

Ketraar

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 09:16

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:19
The game is OK(ish), its not as good as the predecessor, as it only has 5 ships and of those 3 force you to play a certain style (Trader, mercenary and in-between). Its good fun for the first few hours I found but it got dull and boring fast. As usual I hold on to the boring bits trying to find something that might be hidden in some progression, but alas there was not. Stopped playing a while ago and didnt get anywhere near the end.

The fact that is was 25€ made it so that it didnt feel like a total waist of money (looking at you Imperator Rome)

MFG

Ketraar
Yeah I've seen a few complaints about those things. Hopefully they'll do some patches and DLC with more ships, missions and content. Then do a gold/ultimate release on steam and then I'll pick it up in a sale and won't feel bad if I'm still disappointed haha.
Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Return to “Off Topic English”