Tech question need some help

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thrangar
x4

Tech question need some help

Post by thrangar » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 22:12

I have an X 58 evga classified mb, and just last week my front case "on button" broke, just the actual plastic button not the contact button under it, I can stick a pencil in there and still turn on comp.

That got old ,so I purchased an ES02-usb wireless power on/ reset switch/key faub

I can not seem to get my bios to let me enable "power on from USB-s3" so that this devise will work...its there in the bios but it wont let me highlite it.

I have all USB controllers enabled so I am baffled why I cant change this setting to enabled...I figured if it was not dooable on this MB then why would it be listed in the bios.

Is there some other setting that needs to change to enable this setting or maybe some physical jumper...although the manual does not say there is.

Any help would be appreciated

P.S. X4...its good to be back in space!

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Tech question need some help

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 23:18

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product. ... 14&area=en

If this is the device you're talking about, I bet it's only using power from USB to run the RF and toggle the power on/off connection to the mainboard, no actual registered USB device. If that's the case, the setting you're looking for would be labeled "USB Charging while powered off" or something similar that allows power to go to the USB ports while the PC is shut down. It may be as well that only certain USB ports will allow this feature, if it's there at all.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 23:29

you can ask questions/search in amazons site

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Tech ... UANS8?th=1

Install was...easy? in a sense. Straightforward to plug everything in. However, it just did not work at all at first. Read that you need to enable some power options in the MOBO BIOS, but I didn't see those options listed in mine. Ultimately, as I was showing a friend how the remote doesn't work, the computer finally turned off. Been functioning ever since.

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... stallation

Looks like mainboard settings I am guessing. Is your bios locked by a jumper or password?

?

: I see 9 pin hookup to usb power, but if i don't see an option to power any usb through motherboard in my bios, is there another option?
A: Congatulations!!! The initial power doesn't come from the USB, about 3 volts comes from the front panel power connection. Try just hooking it up as directed. Turn on the power. There is a tinny on/off button in the upper right corner of the device. Press it and a red LED will indicate power. Press the remote switch. It probably will work for you. I couldn't figure it out either, got a volt meter out to try and figure it out. No power goes to the USB until its running. I looked for something in the BIOS, noting. The only power is to the front panel I/O prior to startup. It works great

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 23:41

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Tech ... MPKW6?th=1

You may be served better by this model if your PC doesn't supply power to the USB ports while it's powered off and you have a free PCI Express port. Or you could contact your case manufacturer and see if you can get a replacement power switch assembly.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 17:34

burger1 wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 23:29
you can ask questions/search in amazons site

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Tech ... UANS8?th=1

Install was...easy? in a sense. Straightforward to plug everything in. However, it just did not work at all at first. Read that you need to enable some power options in the MOBO BIOS, but I didn't see those options listed in mine. Ultimately, as I was showing a friend how the remote doesn't work, the computer finally turned off. Been functioning ever since.

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... stallation

Looks like mainboard settings I am guessing. Is your bios locked by a jumper or password?

?

I see 9 pin hookup to usb power, but if i don't see an option to power any usb through motherboard in my bios, is there another option?

A: Congatulations!!! The initial power doesn't come from the USB, about 3 volts comes from the front panel power connection. Try just hooking it up as directed. Turn on the power. There is a tinny on/off button in the upper right corner of the device. Press it and a red LED will indicate power. Press the remote switch. It probably will work for you. I couldn't figure it out either, got a volt meter out to try and figure it out. No power goes to the USB until its running. I looked for something in the BIOS, noting. The only power is to the front panel I/O prior to startup. It works great
Yeah I looked at 3 of the top youtube and saw nothing about the power on button on the top right of the device...I see it now, and I reread the install instructions and its not mentioned there either...I am confused about installing it on the FCB as I dont think the pin placements matches but at least I can try a few things I didnt know about.

I never thought about Amazon questions...Doooh!, many thanks for the info you found will give a good try again today!

Return to “Off Topic English”