New Mass Effect?!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

Re: New Mass Effect?!

Post by Jericho » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 10:17

I've read that a lot of the Bioware recent issues are down to Bioware.

True, EA forced the Frostbyte engine on them. The idea being that everyone can share their knowledge... But the Andromeda team never received that hard-won RPG system knowledge from the Dragon Age Inquisition team. So they had to start from scratch.
Then, the Anthem team didn't want to hear anything out of the Andromeda people, for the simple reason that the Anthem team were the Bioware A-team, while the Andromeda team were the B-team (at best. More like the C-team).

It was EA's intervention that made them have the flying in Anthem, i.e. the 1 thing that the game does good. Bioware took it out. So you'd run to every location.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with the Quarian Ark... Since when did people care about the Quarians? I'd much rather find out about the murder of Jen and the real reasons behind the Initiative. That was the unresolved stuff that I want to know about.

The whole idea that the pathfinders would arrive 12 months AFTER everyone else, is just stupid. All they had to do was make it that there was some engine issue so they got there late or something. But instead they wrote it so the pathfinders arrived AFTER everyone else, instead of BEFORE them. So you weren't finding paths or blazing a trail, like your job-title implies. Instead you were visiting failed colonies. Madness.

One of my biggest gripes about the game is the disconnect between the writers and the people that designed the maps:

I came across a water-filtration building and and some dead bodies. I found the datapads saying the humans had arrived in this 'town' and killed them for the water. TOWN! 2 buildings! It was like that all the way through. Finding an Andromeda Initiative escape-pod complete with SOS written on the side... And it's supposed to be a Kett escape pod. And the other way around. A broken Angaran shuttle, and it is supposed to be initiative. The hundreds of destroyed shuttles covering the planets. The thousands of humans and turians I killed (How many outcasts were there? The book implied maybe 100).

It was just a horrible mess, with some good combat and good biotics.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 13:06

chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 23. Nov 19, 22:42
Hopefully they'll expand on ME Andromeda - there are still DLCs missing. Packing everything into ME Andromeda 2 would work for me, too. 8)
They finished off Andromeda with a book or a comic, I can't remember which.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 01:44

Jericho wrote:
Mon, 25. Nov 19, 10:17
Everyone seems to be obsessed with the Quarian Ark... Since when did people care about the Quarians? I'd much rather find out about the murder of Jen and the real reasons behind the Initiative. That was the unresolved stuff that I want to know about.
For my part, I would say that the Quarian story is one of the most memorable of the entire series. So theres me that cares about it a lot. I dont know why but I just think they are so emotive and also enigmatic, could it be the base of an entire game? Dont think so, I think any mass effect game has to be human-centric.
Jericho wrote:
It was just a horrible mess, with some good combat and good biotics.
Yep pretty much. The combat, when the stars aligned, was rather good. But Mass Effect 3 absolutely nailed the experience and balance of combat already, it felt important and impactful - i'm not sure whether adding open world to the mix worked.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 21:56

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 01:44
Jericho wrote:
For my part, I would say that the Quarian story is one of the most memorable of the entire series. So theres me that cares about it a lot. I dont know why but I just think they are so emotive and also enigmatic, could it be the base of an entire game? Dont think so, I think any mass effect game has to be human-centric.
Same here - might have something to do with the fate of Tali and her people being developed over all 3 games which makes it a true epic story arc.
Golden_Gonads wrote:
Mon, 25. Nov 19, 13:06
chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 23. Nov 19, 22:42
Hopefully they'll expand on ME Andromeda - there are still DLCs missing. Packing everything into ME Andromeda 2 would work for me, too. 8)
They finished off Andromeda with a book or a comic, I can't remember which.
Good try on their side - but we are talking about video games here. A comic might be able to tell some side stories but can never be a substitute for the real thing.

No, ME Andromeda 2 with full closure to all open story arcs of the first part please. :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “Off Topic English”