Final Fantasy 7 remake part 1 (spoilers) and part 2 updates

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake is indeed hitting other platforms

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 21:23

Hellz yes! Everything about this, from the combat, to the story, to materia and inventory is amazing.

Mine was dropped off around noon yesterday and I've been completely captivated by it. SE absolutely nailed this. Game of the decade!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 20:01

so I'm getting pretty close to the end. Not gonna spoil anything but this has been one helluva adventure! Major props to SE for pulling this off! I can't wait for the next part!!!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 01:36

Oh yeah its epic.

I hope part 2 isn't too long of a wait, because I NEED it.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 9. May 20, 15:23

One of the many things I absolutely loved about this game was the re-imagining of many of the game's original sound tracks. To me, music is such a key part of a truly epic story as it does so much to help set an emotional tone for events that transpire. Nobuo Uaematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Mitsuto Suzuki absolutely went above and beyond with their compositions and were still able to retain the base themes of the original game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISCsQK7Ols

For example, this was the music for the 3rd phase of the JENOVA battle, and the feels are real. The instant this started playing, in my head I'm like "oh hell yes, here we go!" and set about to tear apart one of the most epic and sinister entities of all time.

I gotta say, I've got nothing but love for this game. and oh yes @Stars, the need for part 2 is real. As soon as I hear about a potential release date for part 2, I'll be sure to post it up. We do know that development is in progress, at the very least.
rebellionpac.com

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 28. May 20, 12:37

brucewarren wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:23
Would I be considered a heretic if I confessed to preferring 8 over 7?
Nah, don't worry...

Guys, prepare the pire, we've got another one!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 21:16

If you haven't played part 1 and intend on doing so, go away and go play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqd8UqWwdQ

No update on the expected release date yet for part 2 but a couple of interesting comments by the director. At this point, they've all but confirmed alternate timeline from the original.

I'm actually really quite okay with this. It seems we're getting all of the major events from the original and some new twists in the plot to flesh out the overall story. Who can say at this point how much will be changed. Encountering Jenova and Sephiroth never happened in the original until well after leaving Midgar. And the end credits hinted at Zack surviving... maybe another character to join the party? hmmmmm?

SE definitely has the opportunity to do a whole lot more with the story than was possible with some text boxes in the 90's. It was amazing then, and so far they haven't disappointed by delivering something even better. They're willing to introduce new characters into the story. They even made Shinra feel more like a megacorp with it's own military instead of just a few execs and a couple dozen private security guys. I feel like once the entirety of the story has been released, this will be a thing you'll want to spend 200 hours on reliving every moment from start to finish.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”