Final Fantasy 7 remake part 1 (spoilers) and part 2 updates

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brucewarren
x3tc

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake is indeed hitting other platforms

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 18:52

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote: He shouldn't be able to shoot fireballs and lightning out of his hands either... Its a fantasy game -- realism takes a back seat.
<Checks hands>
You mean it's not normal for flames to come out of my fingers when I get upset? :shock:
<Goes off to see make appointment with GP>

You're right of course. Impractical weapons are not unheard of in fantasy. I thought they might have taken the opportunity
to tone it down just a little but perhaps it was deemed too iconic to do that.
Vertigo 7 wrote:But the launch is just a month and a few days away so we shall see!
Be a while longer for PC :(

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 18:33

Sephiroth's sword is like 3 times his body length. Okay, maybe not that long, but still, it's exceedingly long to be feasible to use in real combat =p

Anime, what can ya do? :P
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 16. Mar 20, 20:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAJADlLg9g

Here's a "behind the scenes" video from the devs on how they designed Midgar and the combat system and music, etc. Turn on CC to see the subtitles, but it's a good watch. You get to see a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the game's first part.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 05:14

we're less than 2 weeks away from launch! I gotta say, I haven't been this excited for a game launch ever. I've got time off work scheduled. I've got pizza rolls in the freezer. I'm ready!

I've been doing some digging around into the info SE has released on the game play mechanics. One thing I missed back in like November or so, each equipable item has a materia core that can be upgraded as you fight things to enhance stats and upgrade character abilities. I find that really interesting because I wonder how much utility that will add to base weapons and if that includes the ability to add materia slots. Just for pure cosmetic reasons, if the iconic Buster Sword would be feasible to use through endgame. I know there are other weapons, we've seen at least 2 others of Clouds and the Atomic Scissors of Barret.

Also, it wasn't clear to me before, but now is, that all summons persist for their time limit on the battle field. I know they showed off Ifrit and the DLC summons, but it was only ever a short snip of like Leviathan or Shiva performing their ultimate abilities. I'm really curious how that's gonna play out for the variations of Bahamut or even Knights of the Round. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if those 2 specific summons don't make it into the first episode given how late in the game those were acquired in the original. But it's always possible, I mean... in the original, you didn't gain access to any summons before leaving Midgar.

The other thing I'm curious about is if they're going to allow importing of saves from the first episode to the 2nd episode, so your character progress can carry over. I'm a little mixed on that. There is going to be "end game" for the first part, which I'm sure will incorporate a lot of grinding and leveling etc. and no word on New Game+. Unless they impose a cap, say overall the max level is 99, but for the first part the max level is 30 or whatever, I'm not sure that I would want to import a level 99 cloud into part 2 and be so OP that it's boring to play. On the other hand, any progress I've made with leveling materia and what not, I definitely don't wanna toss that down the drain =p

Either way, I'm quite sure I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this. I'm most definitely going to get my monies worth out of it!
rebellionpac.com

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:15

Its brilliant. I love it.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 21:23

Hellz yes! Everything about this, from the combat, to the story, to materia and inventory is amazing.

Mine was dropped off around noon yesterday and I've been completely captivated by it. SE absolutely nailed this. Game of the decade!
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 20:01

so I'm getting pretty close to the end. Not gonna spoil anything but this has been one helluva adventure! Major props to SE for pulling this off! I can't wait for the next part!!!
rebellionpac.com

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 01:36

Oh yeah its epic.

I hope part 2 isn't too long of a wait, because I NEED it.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 9. May 20, 15:23

One of the many things I absolutely loved about this game was the re-imagining of many of the game's original sound tracks. To me, music is such a key part of a truly epic story as it does so much to help set an emotional tone for events that transpire. Nobuo Uaematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Mitsuto Suzuki absolutely went above and beyond with their compositions and were still able to retain the base themes of the original game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISCsQK7Ols

For example, this was the music for the 3rd phase of the JENOVA battle, and the feels are real. The instant this started playing, in my head I'm like "oh hell yes, here we go!" and set about to tear apart one of the most epic and sinister entities of all time.

I gotta say, I've got nothing but love for this game. and oh yes @Stars, the need for part 2 is real. As soon as I hear about a potential release date for part 2, I'll be sure to post it up. We do know that development is in progress, at the very least.
rebellionpac.com

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 28. May 20, 12:37

brucewarren wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:23
Would I be considered a heretic if I confessed to preferring 8 over 7?
Nah, don't worry...

Guys, prepare the pire, we've got another one!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 21:16

If you haven't played part 1 and intend on doing so, go away and go play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqd8UqWwdQ

No update on the expected release date yet for part 2 but a couple of interesting comments by the director. At this point, they've all but confirmed alternate timeline from the original.

I'm actually really quite okay with this. It seems we're getting all of the major events from the original and some new twists in the plot to flesh out the overall story. Who can say at this point how much will be changed. Encountering Jenova and Sephiroth never happened in the original until well after leaving Midgar. And the end credits hinted at Zack surviving... maybe another character to join the party? hmmmmm?

SE definitely has the opportunity to do a whole lot more with the story than was possible with some text boxes in the 90's. It was amazing then, and so far they haven't disappointed by delivering something even better. They're willing to introduce new characters into the story. They even made Shinra feel more like a megacorp with it's own military instead of just a few execs and a couple dozen private security guys. I feel like once the entirety of the story has been released, this will be a thing you'll want to spend 200 hours on reliving every moment from start to finish.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”