Gaming Headset Problem

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gosnell
x4

Gaming Headset Problem

Post by Gosnell » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 19:53

I was wondering if anyone can help me. For years I have been using the Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headsets, which sound perfect, no enhancements just accurate sound. Note I never use the bass boost option that it has. However due to wear and tear I tried upgrading and having tried Razor and Steel series Artic 5 headsets and even A turtle beach elite pro, I have run into a problem, all the headsets sound way to Bassy like they're underwater. This is most noticeable with gunshots.Npw the Steel series has an equaliser,but no matter what i try nothing fixes it.I have tried the flat preset and even reduced all the sliders under flat yet still the sound is muffled.I have also tried windows10 settings using windows drivers(not real tek)and still no matter the configuration i just can t get them to sound natural.Does anyone have any Ideas.Im currently wrapping the broken x12s in masking tape and a cut up atm card to be able to keep using them.. :lol:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Gaming Headset Problem

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 20:26

Going back to use of the Realtek driver with compatible sound devices, its Realtek control panel has a 'Sound Effects' page with many environmental, loudness equalisation, and equaliser/filter options, while the 'Room Correction' page allows you to make individual speaker channel virtual distance and gain variations. Something in there might be helpful to you. Good luck.

Speaking as an engineer, there's nothing wrong with temporary fixes using masking/duct/gaffer tape! Ever watched the film about Apollo 13? (Just be careful that the tape repair does not itself cause sound replay flatness by inhibiting resonation.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”