Your thoughts on calendars and organizers

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Your thoughts on calendars and organizers

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 12:27

I use Google Canlendar. Being part of several organizations its great since I can sync all calendars of each institution both on PC and phone.
Its also great since we use it to set up meetings and the invitation email has a "yes, maybe, no" function that will add the date to the calendar automatically.

The notification, both via email and sound on phone, and the phone app that tracks all upcoming events makes life much easier to keep track of various "tasks/meetings". I even use it for small stuff that I just need to remind.

MFG

Ketraar

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 05:15

I've been test driving One Note for a few days now, and I am digging its flexibly layout functionality. Getting away from a vertical style note taking of Word Doc -like programs is a nice change, that I was looking for.

I see some minuses however, for example, there's no "archive" option and deletes are permanent. I dont see tagging, though I suppose those could be sort of done via manually entering text.

How's the performance on it? On PCs? On phones? I am switching from Keep because of its abysmal performance on (my older) Android
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 10:17

You can create a new notebook, or a new section in your current one, and drop stuff into that as an archive - that's what I do.

I find the search is pretty good, so I've never needed specific tagging.

I've never had performance problems in Windows or Mac OS. I don't use it on mobile, though.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 21:15

yep, that's what I'll do as well.

do you use OneNote for bookmarks too, or not so much?
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 21:40

Sort of. I've never thought of it as specifically a tool for keeping bookmarks, but my notes on any given thing will definitely include a bunch of links to relevant stuff. I also occasionally use it to keep notes on how to do something I'm likely to forget before I have to do it next, which at its simplest might just be a link and a line or two of explanation.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Return to “Off Topic English”