ITT Anti attempts to explain what it was like to have her facial hair vaporised

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antilogic
x3tc

ITT Anti attempts to explain what it was like to have her facial hair vaporised

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 23:53

TL:DR MOTHER OF GODS THAT HURT

So, I had my first of at least 8 sessions today to have my facial hair removed by laser. The idea is that you have this laser run across your face killing your hair follicles. The annoying thing is your body helpfully rebuilds a lot of them and you must repeat the process a lot to get them all to die off.

If you have laser done on your arms, legs, etc, I’m informed it’s not so bad, if still painful because your hair doesn’t grow very thick there. Apparently, I have very thick hair follicles on my face and as a result, it’s… it was something.

People have described laser to me before I went as “an elastic band snapping against your skin”. For some areas, it was like that. For much of it, it was more “elastic band that also embeds rusted needles into your skin before instantly ripping them out.” The laser moves along in a line up your skin, covering an area about the size of your finger. Once one side of the face was done, it was repeated in a criss-cross fashion, so everywhere was covered twice.

One thing I learned is apparently I have thicker hair on the right-hand side of my face than the left. I had to ask the technician to stop repeatedly on the right side due to the pain, where I did not require this on the left.

The process itself is simple. The area is first covered in a cooling gel. The laser itself has an attachment to it which is extremely cold. This is run up and down the section to be covered and then when the laser is running proceeds ahead of it. The laser itself makes a popping noise as it’s rapidly turned on and off and the machine (very loud machine) beeps as it does so. I found myself counting the beeps and the stabs of pain to try and stay focused. In the worst areas, I lost concentration and was generally thinking “f**k f**k f**k f**k f**k” in time to the stabs as I gripped my hands to my jean’s pockets. You can smell the burning as the hair inside of your skin is vaporised. After each line is done, the area is rerun over with the cold. To get the areas around my mouth covered, I had to move my tongue under my lips and above my teeth in the right areas to protect my teeth (the laser goes quite deep) and provide a smooth surface for the laser to run on.

The whole process took about an hour. I am informed it will get less painful through each session (next in 4 weeks), as not all the hair follicles will be replaced and therefore less to be destroyed in each session, so this was the worst one. Thank god. I staggered home and spent about an hour swapping a cold compress/wet flannel to my neck until it all cooled down.

Appearance-wise, it looks like I have a minor sunburn and the skin is a little blotchy, which should improve in a few days. Overall, delighted with the result in terms of the no-hair – of course, it will return but given all the sessions it will **** off for good. But anyone doing this just for sheer beauty… I must have to question your sanity. I was certainly questioning mine. But I gotta say, worth it.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: ITT Anti attempts to explain what it was like to have her facial hair vaporised

Post by Tamina » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 00:10

Interesting. On the bright side of things, it is over, you can relax and next time you know what to expect and that might help a lot. :)

May I ask why you removed your facial follicles? Is it a medical, practical or a beauty reason? I never ever thought myself about doing that or if this even existed, to be honest. :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: ITT Anti attempts to explain what it was like to have her facial hair vaporised

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 00:18

Tamina wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 00:10
May I ask why you removed your facial follicles? Is it a medical, practical or a beauty reason? I never ever thought myself about doing that or if this even existed, to be honest. :)
As women generally don't like facial hair, I thought I would join the club.

I'm trans :)

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 14:28

Just the use of the "vaporized" adjective was enough to make me feel the pain. Glad to be keeping my full beard on! :D

(Vaporizing that would require more of a direct photon torpedo blast, than a simple puny laser :P )

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 14:36

Aken_Bosch wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 14:28

(Vaporizing that would require more of a direct photon torpedo blast, than a simple puny laser :P )
Given how swollen I am this morning, it looks more like I ate a photon torpedo :lol:

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 14:58

Just curious, but why did you choose laser instead of electrolysis? I've been considering electrolysis for a while just because I'm sick of shaving and I don't like beards.

https://www.healthline.com/health/beaut ... s#takeaway
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 15:37

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 14:58
Just curious, but why did you choose laser instead of electrolysis? I've been considering electrolysis for a while just because I'm sick of shaving and I don't like beards.

https://www.healthline.com/health/beaut ... s#takeaway
Availability. I could get laser 1 min walk from my house at a reasonable cost.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 22:34

fair enough!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 01:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 22:34
fair enough!
Side note that it shouldn't matter for me which one I do since once I start hormones it will help stop the development of new growth. At worst I might need a session once a year but that is not that likely.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 16:14

so you are saying they grow back? is it something one would have to repeat more than once in life?

EDIT: just noticed a previous reply
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 20:46

fiksal wrote:
Mon, 3. Feb 20, 16:14
so you are saying they grow back? is it something one would have to repeat more than once in life?

EDIT: just noticed a previous reply
I have to do this a minimum of 7 more times and possibly up to 16 total.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 07:20

all I can say is ouch.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 17:54

Antilogic wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 00:18

Big trans hugs! (or not, if you prefer another kind of solidarity)

I'm told the same as you've been - it gets better and eventually becomes a non-issue. I hope that's your experience.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 22:19

Rapier wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 17:54
Antilogic wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 00:18

Big trans hugs! (or not, if you prefer another kind of solidarity)

I'm told the same as you've been - it gets better and eventually becomes a non-issue. I hope that's your experience.
Me to <3333 Hugs are always welcome!

Return to “Off Topic English”