Split from 'Trump'

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Split from 'Trump'

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 23:13

Mightysword wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 19:13
This feels like this is something people just grab to use as an excuse to direct their anger at with little to no substance/effect. I understand the reason why (psychologically) but I don't feel it's helpful or healthy.

- For one: isn't the reason most people - and by that I mean armchair politicians and internet experts - are railing against governments around the world is because "everyone can see this mile away yet the governments still decided to drag their feet!". Ok, so how it come for this argument people decide to pretend that you need insider/privilege information to make decision? It seems to be a case of argument of convenience to me. Hell I don't even play stock, and by mid Feb I can already tell the dive is incoming (which already happened in Asian market at that point).

- For two: correct me if I'm wrong here since like I said I don't play stock, but most people don't have control over their stock portfolio anyway. They would have them managed by financial group run by actual expert. And if you gonna manually handle it yourself, I would assume you would be confident and competent about it. If the politician in questions here are semi-competent stock players I think they would be making the same decision anyway with or without the "privilege" knowledge they received. After all there are more than enough tells on the market for anyone with half a common sense. It's only a problem here because they are politician. And no, just like I don't think policemen have to accept risk on their job, I don't believe politician have to make stupid decision on themselves to maintain innocent.

- And for third: would have made any difference otherwise? I think except south Korea, every single governments in the entire world are being accused of response too slowly or not taking this seriously enough a month ago, in the face of that I wouldn't pretend the words from a few politicians would have meant anything. Even the WHO didn't take it serious enough (IMO) until the situation in China died down bit and things start to flare up globally.

Like I said, I understand the psychology reason why people want to wail on this, but I have zero agreement on unhelpful targeted anger. :roll:
so... once again, you're advocating for doing nothing and letting crooks get away with their crookedness just cuz YOU don't feel like anger is warranted? Thanks, professor. I'll tune back into reality now.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: Trump

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 23:21

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 23:13
so... once again, you're advocating for doing nothing and letting crooks get away with their crookedness just cuz YOU don't feel like anger is warranted? Thanks, professor. I'll tune back into reality now.
No, that is what YOU are saying, not what I'm saying. :wink:

I don't know if it's your style but I noticed you do this a lot, half of the time you quoted something I say it tend to follow by "so you're saying ..." and then just insert whatever spin up bigotry you want to accuse me off. I'm kinda used to it now. So no, unless you repeat or reiterate exactly what I said, then it's not what I said, rather just an echo of what you want to believe I said. :P

I feel I should point it out for you once 'cause I don't know if you're doing on purpose of subconsciously. But you will excuse me why I will not even try to argue it.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 01:37

Mightysword wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 23:21
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 23:13
No, that is what YOU are saying, not what I'm saying. :wink:

I don't know if it's your style but I noticed you do this a lot, half of the time you quoted something I say it tend to follow by "so you're saying ..." and then just insert whatever spin up bigotry you want to accuse me off. I'm kinda used to it now. So no, unless you repeat or reiterate exactly what I said, then it's not what I said, rather just an echo of what you want to believe I said. :P

I feel I should point it out for you once 'cause I don't know if you're doing on purpose of subconsciously. But you will excuse me why I will not even try to argue it.
I don't know if it's your style but i noticed you do this a lot, half of the time when someone has done something wrong, you say "it's no big deal, don't get worked up, herpty derpty derp" and then act like you're some kind of philosopher when you haven't a clue wtf you're talking about. I'm kinda used to it now. So, unless you have anything useful to add instead of sounding like a fortune cookie, expect more of the same.

I feel I should point it out for you once 'cause I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or you accidentally facerolled across your keyboard and what came out was just coincidence. But you will excuse me for arguing against sitting on my thumbs when political leaders in this country take advantage of the people they're supposed to represent.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Split from 'Trump'

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 12:04

Keep up the personal comments and discussion of other posters and there will be consequences.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”