I'm back. And how are you?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Re: I'm back. And how are you?

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 20:16

I've been gone for longer than you, and likely will be remaining in occasional lurker mode for the foreseeable future.

Why I hear you ask? (Well I didn't, but I needed an excuse to explain)

Remember that utterly crappy draft book I sent you? Or rather don't, that whole thing has been re-written from scratch several times since then, and improved a lot.

darned near 20 years writing the thing and I still couldn't get it sorted out...

Anyway, I finally arrived at a version I liked, sent it off to a few agents and a publishing house imprint, more for possible feedback than anything, then got started on the next one, which I've nearly finished the first draft of.

It's so much better, and set in the same universe, so a lot of the background work had already been done.

BUT A few weeks back, Hachette UK asked to see the full version of that first book, something I never expected. It's been nine months since I sent it to them. Why they want to see it now I don't know, but they do.

My chances are still almost non existent. Most manuscript requests still go nowhere, but apparently they like my writing style.

If they turn it down that's ok, I'll just carry on as before, working on this current book, which won't be ready for another one, maybe two years.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 20:37

@ mrbadger ...Never miss an opportunity to self publicise a publication,,, Hachette UK ..mm !! not exactly a back street publisher.. A brief synopsis would not go amiss or does one exist elsewhere.. ?
I am sure Usenko does not mind his return being slid into a siding.... just temporarily.
Either way ...Best of Luck.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 21:04

mrbadger wrote:
Fri, 27. Mar 20, 20:16
Why I hear you ask? (Well I didn't, but I needed an excuse to explain)
I think it's more like you ran away from the responsibility of creating that monstrous of a thread that still kicking right now. :P

Even if you never come back your name will forever be in infamy as long as that thread lives. :D
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 22:45

I have a synopsis, but I'm not sure if it's good enough.

Edit: Actually the synopsis would cover the entire thing. I'll put together a better book jacket type affair at some point, but I'm two books in now, and frankly far more interested in getting the second book published first now anyway.
Not that I don't like the first one, but it's only a small part of a much larger story, that's just where I started.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 23:35

Hey Usenko, long time no see.

I just happened to be thinking about this forum and thought I'd pass through. Amazed to see some of the same old names in this thread!

Anyone got a copy of my old purple cow avatar hanging round? I lost it ages ago. Might have to go scavenging round old hard drives! Edit: Found it on a long dead photobucket!

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 00:01

Good lord, we really are all getting bored stuck in quarantine, aren't we? Been a while! How are you doing?
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 05:36

Hi Usenko :)

Oldman :)

PlutonianNyborg

Post by PlutonianNyborg » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 18:07

Hi Usenko. Rusti Swordz here. Hope you are well. :)

Return to “Off Topic English”