Apple's $500 Million Settlement

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

notaterran
x3tc

Apple's $500 Million Settlement

Post by notaterran » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 02:25

I know, not exactly breaking news. I understand that for Apple this is pocket change but still, they can't be too happy about it:
Apple Inc has agreed to pay up to $500 million to settle litigation accusing it of quietly slowing down older iPhones as it launched new models, to induce owners to buy replacement phones or batteries.
Link.

I found this part interesting:
Apple denied wrongdoing and settled the nationwide case to avoid the burdens and costs of litigation, court papers show.
I don't believe that for a second, chances are they settled because a protracted legal battle would only attract more attention to the issue in the long run, with the potential for financial losses (a corporation's main concern). I'm reminded of another settlement that probably had the same underlying motive.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Masterbagger
x4

Re: Apple's $500 Million Settlement

Post by Masterbagger » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 03:30

I have an ipad from 2011. Before I had that I used a kindle and those things are flimsy. One fat guy sitting on it and game over. Try to imagine the frustration that your expensive device was destroyed by someones ass.
Who made that man a gunner?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 05:14

I'll take your $500 million and give you France and the rest of Europe.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 09:50

The lawyers plan to seek up to $93 million, equal to 30% of $310 million, in legal fees, plus up to $1.5 million for expenses.
:o

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 23:23

So, Apple reduced performance of older iPhones to "motivate" people to buy new ones, they exploited economic conditions and received illegal/unfair tax benefits. Sounds like Apple is keeping up with the times just fine, I wonder how far we are from another Gilded Age.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Return to “Off Topic English”