A pair of great tits.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gavrushka
x4

A pair of great tits.

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 17:45

Action hots up in the bathing scene, after a minute or so...

Well, we all have to handle social isolation in our own way, I guess.

(It's a safe OneDrive link, btw, and is a 'U' rated video.)

Sorry, O/T was a bit quiet, you see...

I've a video of a pigeon attacking its reflection in the pond, and almost drowning, but it's pretty poor quality, alas. - Upgrading CCTV system to UHD, later in the year.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Chips
x4

Re: A pair of great tits.

Post by Chips » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 18:57

Looking very healthy and quite plump the first one :D

This has just reminded me when i eventually make it home we were supposed to be mounting a camera in the barn... to see if it's a barn owl leaving pellets behind, or someone else :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:23

Let's hope this thread makes it to page 3. (UK in-joke for oldish readers of the The Sun tabloid newspaper/comic.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:23
Let's hope this thread makes it to page 3. (UK in-joke for oldish readers of the The Sun tabloid newspaper/comic.)
I notice English people has a thing for the word 'tits'. I came across the phrase "calm your tits down" when interacting with English community a lot, while a yank would normally use the f word there "calm the f down". Also another phrase is "everything just go tits up", which you would rarely hear someone from the US said.

Is there any actual background culture to this, or is it just a thing?
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:45

Chips wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 18:57
Looking very healthy and quite plump the first one :D

This has just reminded me when i eventually make it home we were supposed to be mounting a camera in the barn... to see if it's a barn owl leaving pellets behind, or someone else :D
What's lovely this time of year is how the bathers do come in pairs, Mr & Mrs, no doubt. - An observation is that finches *never* bathe, but robins, and all forms of tit do, along with blackbirds and sparrows. - Even caught a sparrow hawk in there once, but it was fresh blood rather than water he was after...

Lord, I'd love to catch an owl on video. - I hear them regularly, but never once even seen one here. The noise they make gives me the chills...

Great system (8 UHD cameras) is this one. It seems very cheap considering it has a 2 TB hard disk in the control unit too, and night vision on all cameras up to 30 meters. - This is the system I'll likely buy, but if you live in a house with thick stone walls - I'm thinking of converted farmhouse when you mentioned the barn - drilling for the cabling won't be much fun.
Alan Phipps wrote:Let's hope this thread makes it to page 3. (UK in-joke for oldish readers of the The Sun tabloid newspaper/comic.)
Fond memories 0f Linda Lusardi's wonderful, umm, smile. - As an aside, she recently recovered from Covid-19, I believe.

And didn't Samantha Fox go on to have a career in Bollywood, or am I making that up?

Anyhow, if I catch either in the waterfall pools, I'll be sure to post it. :D

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:53

@ Mightysword: 'Going tits up' just means that the item/situation is going wrong - ie it is 'lying on its back on the floor' and not standing up as it should. It's a common British Armed Forces slang.

Your other phrase I have never actually heard. What would probably more likely be said in its place would be 'Don't get your knickers in a twist'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:53

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 19:23
That got a good belly laugh out of me, thank you :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 06:45

Very nice tits indeed, perfectly round, small and firm, and very lively. I would love to touch them and feel how soft they are in my hands.

I'm sure they are very tasty too.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 09:46

silenced wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 06:45
I'm sure they are very tasty too.
Social distancing. Diseases could spread.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:58

Took me long enough but I finally got what the original vid is about. :|
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 15:01

And a robin, very much red breasted. I'll add a blue tit in due course. We're expecting colder weather.

Robin (OneDrive link to video)

Return to “Off Topic English”