Stay at home and be safe or is it go outside and goto work ?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxumous
x4

Stay at home and be safe or is it go outside and goto work ?

Post by Maxumous » Fri, 15. May 20, 16:27

Matt Lucas impression of Boris Johnson

I thought I share this funny moment with you all :- https://youtu.be/sfrThV6DJu4
Neil "Maxumous" Short. Test Devnet Team Coordinator for X-Rebirth

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stay at home and be safe or is it go outside and goto work ?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. May 20, 16:51

All he needed was a blonde wig. :D

I think it's slightly unfair to Boris et al though. I have listened (carefully) to the daily 10 Downing Street briefings (and I ignore all newspaper/TV/social networking re-interpretations of them) and I consider the new rules and roadmap perfectly clear and without confusion. I don't have to like them, but I understand them. Much of the claimed ignorance/confusion is from people who are only hearing what they want to hear and ignoring the parts that they don't want to hear, or are listening to 'unofficial' sources. <shrugs>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 15. May 20, 17:01

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 15. May 20, 16:51
I think it's slightly unfair to Boris et al though. I have listened (carefully) to the daily 10 Downing Street briefings (and I ignore all newspaper/TV/social networking re-interpretations of them) and I consider the new rules and roadmap perfectly clear and without confusion. I don't have to like them, but I understand them. Much of the claimed ignorance/confusion is from people who are only hearing what they want to hear and ignoring the parts that they don't want to hear, or are listening to 'unofficial' sources. <shrugs>
:thumb_up:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Fri, 15. May 20, 17:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 15. May 20, 16:51
All he needed was a blonde wig. :D

Total agree with you Alan, it doesn't help the situation for people. Sure they be another big outbreak of ignorance of people. Two school went back the other day where I live, one primary and one secondary school. and two teachers had the Covid-19. Like it said on News the most likely is the kids passing it around. trying to keep them at a distance of 2 metres and there is touch, cough on items, desks. omg. if just one person as covid-19 and coughs just over a door handle, then everyone can contract the virus by touch, not just being two metre's apart and it need's to get out better. Virus can stay on a surface from few hours - to several days. I saw on the Peterborough news about a lot people out on a Saturday at a cash point machine. omg can you imagine, the risk involved in touching the ATM keypad.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. May 20, 17:40

Sorry, I think you are 'confused'. :D <just kidding>

Some schools didn't close at all so that they could take children of essential key workers and keep those parents working. Other close groups of schools within regions have periodically rotated responsibility for providing that support in the region so that all can keep their infrastructure and staff intact. Some will be ramping up now that the lockdown is easing and more parents in needed categories will be going back to work. Any school would only take a once Covid-positive teacher back if they had been given a full medical all-clear and were no more potentially infectious than any other teacher. All schools that are open will be complying with strict regular hygiene and small-group pupil segregation rules that will mitigate the occurrences that you mention. Risk-free - not at all. Risk-management - absolutely.

People using cash machines should adhere to social distancing and sanitise their hands or gloves before and after. After all, Covid rules are not a total substitute for common sense.

Anyway, I think we are getting into the Covid-19 thread topic now, rather than discussing the parody in the OP.

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Sat, 16. May 20, 10:39

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 15. May 20, 17:40
Sorry, I think you are 'confused'. :D <just kidding>

Some schools didn't close at all so that they could take children of essential key workers and keep those parents working. Other close groups of schools within regions have periodically rotated responsibility for providing that support in the region so that all can keep their infrastructure and staff intact. Some will be ramping up now that the lockdown is easing and more parents in needed categories will be going back to work. Any school would only take a once Covid-positive teacher back if they had been given a full medical all-clear and were no more potentially infectious than any other teacher. All schools that are open will be complying with strict regular hygiene and small-group pupil segregation rules that will mitigate the occurrences that you mention. Risk-free - not at all. Risk-management - absolutely.

People using cash machines should adhere to social distancing and sanitise their hands or gloves before and after. After all, Covid rules are not a total substitute for common sense.

Anyway, I think we are getting into the Covid-19 thread topic now, rather than discussing the parody in the OP.
My GF is a school Teacher, she been working at home all the time since lockdown, she have her classroom in Microsoft Teams. Trouble is kids are so bored at home, always asking when do we go back to school. She is a primary school teacher, should be going back sometime first week of June. But the social distancing measures will be in place. they be doing all from laptop teaching so no touch of items, they can only have up to 15 people, usually they have 30 pupils in a classroom. I can still see in a few weeks time that the death tool will get higher again. people trying to book holidays already and they did tell people not to go to beaches or national parks. I get the impression a lot of stupid people are out there that don't care.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 16. May 20, 21:13

I have seen nearly every single household on my street break the rules, some of them do it on a daily basis. One of them even went on holiday over the Easter week. My next door neighbour has visitors nearly every day. The one next to her I watched her bang on her pan with a visiting friend standing right next to her in her doorway. The one next to her had a visitor stay over night, along with numerous other visitors over the past few weeks. There is the one up the end of the road that has family around every single day. While her neighbour goes out at least once a day. Out of the 13 houses I can see 11 of them have broken the rules on numerous occasions and on a Thursday they have the audacity to bang on their pans to show support for the NHS.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. May 20, 21:47

Thanks, but I would rather that this did not turn into a parallel Covid discussion thread despite the misleading thread title (this thread is actually about a Boris Johnson parody). Yes, I was part of the problem too! :oops:

Discusssions of the lockdown rules and compliances would be better if continued here.

Return to “Off Topic English”