Today's activists are best activists

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Today's activists are best activists

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 09:50

Blackskins and Whiteskins on the streets?
Red lives matters?

Correct: All lives matters!-everything else is racist

Edit: It seems to me that a lot of things are exaggerated via the media, and activists or demonstrators no longer do what they do out of conviction but because of the money.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:08

EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 09:50
Correct: All lives matters!-everything else is racist
Incorrect.

This thread is treading on fairly thin ice already. Don't push it over the edge.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:09

clakclak wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 23:40
The point you are trying to make is and correct me if I get it wrong...
The point I am trying to make is that people like this dude's cousins's wife:

https://preview.redd.it/znvy8ab7ujd41.j ... 143434968e

https://monch.com/mpg/images/news/18-09 ... G_0388.png

Are calling the shots in today's activism and in a saner world these Let Them Eat Diversity hypocrites would be clubbed to death. But alas...

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:27

Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:09
clakclak wrote:

Are calling the shots in today's activism and in a saner world these Let Them Eat Diversity hypocrites would be clubbed to death. But alas...
So you want more radical purely dedicated activisits is that it? More hardliners basically. Less Black Lives Matter and more Red Army Faction and Antifacist Forces in Afrin style groups? Because that is what I am getting from your comment.
EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 09:50
[...]

Edit: It seems to me that a lot of things are exaggerated via the media, and activists or demonstrators no longer do what they do out of conviction but because of the money.
You don't make money by demonstrating. At least in ten years I only ever paid money and never got anything out of it. Flyers cost money, material costs money, time costs money. How would you even get paid for demonstrating?
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:43

Exactly that.

I am not a radical myself, but I respect such people a lot more than these Jeff Bezo's employees live in their cars... ... we need more gay stuff at amazon NOW! ... cretins.

These are LITERALLY people who are dismayed seeing their local butcher making a living (because "unethical") all the while designing cruise missiles at work.

F*ck those f*cks.

https://billbrettboston.com/wp-content/ ... de-117.jpg

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... 1200%2C800
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 17. Jul 20, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Oversize images -> links

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:50

This is the final warning for this thread. Any more calling for people to be "clubbed to death" and using thinly-disguised language like that will result in the thread being shut down and you getting a formal warning.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 11:18

Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:43
Exactly that.

I am not a radical myself, but I respect such people a lot more than these Jeff Bezo's employees live in their cars... ... we need more gay stuff at amazon NOW! ... cretins.

These are LITERALLY people who are dismayed seeing their local butcher making a living (because "unethical") all the while designing cruise missiles at work.

F*ck those f*cks.
Just understand what you are asking for. I will use the RAF's Ulrike Meinhof as an example here as you said you would like more groups like them.

If you want super radical people then it won't be "let's boycott Amazone" (which generally speaking everyone should do), but it will be something like "The progressive element of setting fire to an Amazone fullfillment centre does not lie in the destruction of products, it lies within the criminal element of the act, within breaking the law." - from 1968 slightly altered Ulrike Meinhof quote.

And it will also no longer be: "No justice, no peace, no racist police!" But instead you get this: "We say, of course the cops are pigs, we say the person in that uniform is a pig, he is not a human and that is how you have to deal with them. That means, we needn't talk with them, over all it would be wrong to talk to these people and obviously shoots can be fired [it is ok to shoot them]." - from 1970 Ulrike Meinhof.

That is what you condone if you say that you want more radical groups. Ask yourself, is that really what you want?

Original quote 1: "Das progressive Moment einer Warenhausbrandstiftung liegt nicht in der Vernichtung der Waren, es liegt in der Kriminalität der Tat, im Gesetzesbruch."

Original quote 2: "Wir sagen, natürlich, die Bullen sind Schweine, wir sagen, der Typ in der Uniform ist ein Schwein, das ist kein Mensch, und so haben wir uns mit ihm auseinanderzusetzen. Das heißt, wir haben nicht mit ihm zu reden, und es ist falsch überhaupt mit diesen Leuten zu reden, und natürlich kann geschossen werden."
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 13:18

clakclak wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 11:18
Ulrike Meinhof
Ja, immer noch besser als die heutigen Speichellecker.

Denn die sind brandgefährlich. Die heutigen "Aktivisten" lassen buchstäblich alles durchgehen, solange da irgendein LGBT-Aufkleber prangt oder eine "diversity"-Quote erfüllt ist ("need more female prison guards"). Eigentlich noch schlimmer: Solange der Schein gewahrt ist, segnen sie es auch noch ab. Da kriegt schon mal ein Marschflugkörper, der in irgendwelchen black-ops eingesetzt wird, ein buntes Pride-Fähnchen aufgesetzt, während dieselben Leute bei einem Logo eines Indianers den Koller kriegen.

Das wäre alles nicht so schlimm, wären wir nicht schnurstracks auf dem Weg in eine Cyberpunk-Dystopie, mit allem was dazu gehört. Die Superreichen träumen doch von ganz anderen Sphären als diesem diversity-Kram (http://2045.com/). Und die vermeintlich "linken" Starbucks-Schlürfer auf ze.tt, salon.com etc. feuern die Bonzen auch noch an, während die "Rechten" ausgerechnet Marxisten an jeder Ecke sehen, während direkt vor ihren Augen Megacorporations ihr Unwesen treiben, die direkt einem 80er Science-Fiction entsprungen sein könnten.

Totaler Wahnsinn.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 13:41

Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 13:18
clakclak wrote:
Ulrike Meinhof
Ja, immer noch besser als die heutigen Speichellecker.

Denn die sind brandgefährlich. Die heutigen "Aktivisten" lassen buchstäblich alles durchgehen, solange da irgendein LGBT-Aufkleber prangt oder eine "diversity"-Quote erfüllt ist ("need more female prison guards"). Eigentlich noch schlimmer: Solange der Schein gewahrt ist, segnen sie es auch noch ab. Da kriegt schon mal ein Marschflugkörper, der in irgendwelchen black-ops eingesetzt wird, ein buntes Pride-Fähnchen aufgesetzt, während dieselben Leute bei einem Logo eines Indianers den Koller kriegen.

Das wäre alles nicht so schlimm, wären wir nicht schnurstracks auf dem Weg in eine Cyberpunk-Dystopie, mit allem was dazu gehört. Die Superreichen träumen doch von ganz anderen Sphären als diesem diversity-Kram (http://2045.com/). Und die vermeintlich "linken" Starbucks-Schlürfer auf ze.tt, salon.com etc. feuern die Bonzen auch noch an, während die "Rechten" ausgerechnet Marxisten an jeder Ecke sehen, während direkt vor ihren Augen Megacorporations ihr Unwesen treiben, die direkt einem 80er Science-Fiction entsprungen sein könnten.

Totaler Wahnsinn.
Can we please stick to English?

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:01

Sure thing:
clakclak wrote:
Ulrike Meinhof
Yes, still better than today's bootlickers.

Because they are extremely dangerous. Today's "activists" condone just about everything, as long as there is an LGBT-sticker on it or some diversity-quota is met ("need more female prison guards"). Even worse: As long as these superficialities are maintained, they actively support it even. That's why a progressive cruise missile, which will see its use in some black-ops, gets cherished with a pride-flag on top, all the while the very same people are foaming at their mouth at some logo with an Indian on it.

This all wouldn't be so bad, if we wouldn't be straight on the way to a literal Cyberpunk-dystopia. The super-rich are fantasising about entirely different spheres than this diversity-claptrap (http://2045.com/). And the faux "leftist" Starbucks-addicts on ze.tt, salon.com etc. do nothing except cheerleading these big wigs, while the "rightists" are seeing Marxists of all things behind every corner, all the while megacorporations are up to mischief right before their eyes, which could have been lifted straight from some 80s sci-fi.

Total madness.
Last edited by Boringnick on Fri, 17. Jul 20, 19:09, edited 7 times in total.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:02

You know logos on cruise missiles are pointless, right? They are literally stored inside and launched from a box, that's inside a bigger box, and there isn't a person alive that would be able to spot any kind of logo painted on them at the velocities they travel. The only people that would ever see the logo are the ones that paint it on there and load it in the container.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:05

Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 10:09
clakclak wrote:

Can i just point out you've provided one example of someone who's alleged beliefs don't match their choice of employment without implying any form of activism or otherwise, with activists in general as a way to either diminish or completely discredit the validity of the underlying causes you (most likely) don't agree with.

It's staggeringly bad, or non existent, correlation. The alleged vapourishness of people supporting a cause doesn't mean the cause has no grounds. And correlating an unrelated persons post to something demonstrably unrelated and different is utterly ridiculous.

From what others have said I get the idea you are basically irritated that today's version of activism is often one of convenience rather than enduring a hardship to make a change; meaning they don't believe enough to step out infront of a racehorse and die for their cause. That may be true, but it doesn't mean whatever cause they're championing is without foundation. Personally, people shouldn't have to go to extraordinary lengths to affect change that's necessary or reasonable. At the more base level you refer to, they simply don't care *that* much to go out of their way, just want to be seen to lend a voice. It happens - why get worked up about it? Far better things to do than care what that type of person is up to (unless you disagree with what they're championing, but then we're back at whether it's actually something valid or not rather than the person supporting it isn't it?).

And lastly, the determination as to whether what you refer to is actually an activist. I'd personally say no. Of course if they're claiming to be one then fair enough, they're a tad bit lacking in conviction :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:13

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:02
You know logos on cruise missiles are pointless, right? They are literally stored inside and launched from a box, that's inside a bigger box, and there isn't a person alive that would be able to spot any kind of logo painted on them at the velocities they travel. The only people that would ever see the logo are the ones that paint it on there and load it in the container.
Yeah, tell that to Wanda Maximoff. :|
Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:01
Sure thing:
Thanks, appreciated.
But I disagree: media condones everything, as calling a female manager "manageresse" is going to be "a victory of feminism" (just an example), the activist don't.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:26

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:13
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:02
Yeah, tell that to Wanda Maximoff. :|
lol come on now, that little RPG was absolutely not a cruise missile.

Lemme tell you a not-so-secret.

I, personally, launched 12 of the 22 Tomahawk cruise missiles from the Mobile Bay during the Iraq War. I spent my share of time crawling down inside the bowels of the VLS launchers. This is literally all that can be seen of the missile until it's launched =p
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:33

Boringnick wrote:
Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:01
Sure thing:
clakclak wrote:
Ulrike Meinhof
Yes, still better than today's bootlickers.

Because they are extremely dangerous. Today's "activists" condone just about everything, as long as there is an LGBT-sticker on it or some diversity-quota is met ("need more female prison guards"). Even worse: As long as these superficialities are maintained, they actively support it even. That's why a progressive cruise missile, which will see its use in some black-ops, gets cherished with a pride-flag on top, all the while the very same people are foaming at their mouth at some logo with an Indian on it.

This all wouldn't be so bad, if we wouldn't be straight on the way to a literal Cyberpunk-dystopia. The super-rich are fantasising about entirely different spheres than this divery-claptrap (http://2045.com/). And the faux "leftist" Starbucks-addicts on ze.tt, salon.com etc. do nothing except cheerleading these big wigs, while the "rightists" are seeing Marxists of all things behind every corner, all the while megacorporations are up to mischief right before their eyes, which could have been lifted straight from some 80s sci-fi.

Total madness.
Drawing parallels again where there's no correlation to provide a thin veil behind which to air bigoted views? Yeah, no thanks.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 17. Jul 20, 14:36

At Boringnick have you ever considered, you know, trying to get out there and do something yourself instead of only complaining that others are not doing enough? As you spoke German ealier on I am assuming you live in Germany (or Switzerland or Austria or Namibia as these are the most likely options). If you want I can help you find the right paperwork to organise a demonstration in your city where you then can talk about whatever point you are trying to make and maybe find someone who has an easier time understanding your point than I do.

Return to “Off Topic English”