question for you Brits about your TV shows

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chips
x4

Re: question for you Brits about your TV shows

Post by Chips » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 00:32

Rug wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 21:51
To add another to the list of short but greats, Yes Minister (and Yes Prime Minister of course).
TBH,for me that's my favourite all time sitcom - nearly all the topics it hits are still relevant today, implying the battles it depicted were entirely plausible/accurate and how little things change despite the years :D The writing and acting were just perfect.

Someone mentioned Felicity Kendall, and it has to be said "The Good Life" was also brilliantly entertaining. I can't comment on more modern sitcoms though, somehow I just don't seem to sit down at the right time to watch them.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:34

Rug wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 21:51
To add another to the list of short but greats, Yes Minister (and Yes Prime Minister of course). Perfect little gems, no more to add, so stop. Just as it should be I think.

Rug

P.S. Good to hear (read, see, whatever) you are back again Mr Badger. It's been a while. Welcome home !
I'm only intermittently posting, mostly just reading because I'm too busy writing novels now.

I've not even found time to play the C&C remaster yet :( But I'm just starting a month off.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 18:42

mrbadger wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:34

I'm only intermittently posting, mostly just reading because I'm too busy writing novels now.
Sounds exciting* :) Hope it's going well. Is this a case of write then send to publishers (i believe the traditional route?) Or writing and self publishing via online platforms (is it Amazon and so on?).

*meaning different, interesting rather than adrenaline fuelled life on the edge :D

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 10:39

Chips wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 18:42
mrbadger wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:34

Sounds exciting* :) Hope it's going well. Is this a case of write then send to publishers (i believe the traditional route?) Or writing and self publishing via online platforms (is it Amazon and so on?).

*meaning different, interesting rather than adrenaline fuelled life on the edge :D
A publisher is looking at one, but the plague hit, so everything is on hold, I've no interest in bugging the editor, so don't know if it's dropped or just waiting, but honestly I'm not that bothered. I'm finishing the next one now, and working on a third.
More books are better, and each I write expands my universe further.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “Off Topic English”