Ryzen Master CCX?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Ryzen Master CCX?

Post by Axeface » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 03:54

I got a moment to play X4 today, and the first 'large' battle I got into ran depressingly badly, 20 fps. The fight was 2 pirate phoenix against maybe 30 argon fighters and some defence drones, nothing massive.

Recently I remember seeing someone mention that people with Ryzen cpus should use ryzen master and do something called ccx? But I dont remember where I saw it. I dont want to do anything dangerous and I dont want to overclock my new ryzen, Does anyone here have experience with this and know if it actually helps?

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Ryzen Master CCX?

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 16:39

Don't have the CPU, but a quick google search tells me, that using the software WILL void your warranty if used.

Some information on the overlocking software. Including the disclaimer that pops up before you accept it and move into the program itself.

https://www.wepc.com/tips/amd-ryzen-master-utility/

So if your CPU is insured, and you want it to stay that way. Don't use this software.

Edit

as for CCX, its a method to link 4 of the 8 cores together, so with this enabled, you have 2, 4 core setups so 4 cores are working together.

hope that explains that.

But seems you need to use the above software to get this to work. So again, using the software if your CPU is insured, isn't a good idea.

Edit 2

After some farther reading, using CCX might not be a good idea at all.

The problem is, the bios reports what is the preferred coress to use, (and passes that onto windows) however, the tool only reports the best cores to use for OC, But windows will use the best cores for power management, and if fastest cores are split, it might cause some minor issues within windows itself. I'm not an expert on this, only going by what I'm reading. But seems that the way that the OC tool works with CCX, needs some tweaking. Also read some posts from people that says you shouldn't use this software anyway, unless you really know what your doing.

Well its up to you mind, so take it or leave it.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”