Steering wheel suggestion

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Steering wheel suggestion

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 08:57

Hi guys!
As I mentioned in the thread about games, in the last days I'm playing Assetto Corsa.
I currently am playing with an X-Box controller, and it's ok-ish, but I'm looking for a good steering wheel.
What I'm looking for is a good hardware with paddles (no need for h-shifter or clutch), with solid pedals (the ones who can simulate a bit braking force, not the simple ones with standard "static" springs).
Any help is appreciated, as I'm out of that market since ages...

Grim Lock
x4

Re: Steering wheel suggestion

Post by Grim Lock » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 11:33

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/

The entry level package is great value for money,, i myself have Clubsport v2 (not entry level but bought this hub second hand) with a P1 deluxe rim (bought new) and the CSL pedals (bought new), it's been doing it's job awesomely for 8 years now. There is no Substitute. Using it for Assetto corsa, Dirt-rally and Iracing amongst others.

Edit: I've also heard good stories about the new Thrustmaster loadcell pedal set, they appear to be very good entry level loadcell pedals.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 13:11

Grim Lock wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 11:33
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/

The entry level package is great value for money,, i myself have Clubsport v2 (not entry level but bought this hub second hand) with a P1 deluxe rim (bought new) and the CSL pedals (bought new), it's been doing it's job awesomely for 8 years now. There is no Substitute. Using it for Assetto corsa, Dirt-rally and Iracing amongst others.
Thanks for your directions!
Seems like it's going to be an early Christmas present... :lol:

Anyway, I found a Logitech G920 for 229 € on Amazon, it's a 400 € difference between that one and Fanatec entry level...

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 16:55

well, if you're saving money with the G920, that money can be put toward the compatible frame for it :P

Although if you're a handy person, I think you probably can put together the same thing buying part from the hardware store for fraction of the cost. ;)
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 17:04

Mightysword wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 16:55
well, if you're saving money with the G920, that money can be put toward the compatible frame for it :P

Although if you're a handy person, I think you probably can put together the same thing buying part from the hardware store for fraction of the cost. ;)
Next time, perhaps, I have to see how much space I've got first.
And that one is too british for me (h-shifter is supposed to be on the right for me).

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 17:19

This one is smaller (no chair), and it looks like the position of the shifter is customizable.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 08:43

For the moment, I bought the wheel (Logitech G920).
I'll see if I've got enough space for a small mobile setup after I get it and put it on the desk.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and if you want to play with a total noob for an easy win, just ask :wink:

Return to “Off Topic English”