omg omg omg!!! things are happening! (The Expanse)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

omg omg omg!!! things are happening! (The Expanse)

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 21:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caLji74IIp4

This makes me happy and omg I can't wait!

12/16 premier

Feels like just a few weeks ago season 4 dropped on us. I can't believe how much they've done despite the global pandemic.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

notaterran
x3tc

Re: omg omg omg!!! things are happening! (The Expanse)

Post by notaterran » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 22:32

I'm glad that they're making more seasons. Season 3 was not as good as the earlier two (haven't seen Season 4 yet) but I hope that they focus on atmosphere and story and less on flashy FX.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 09:14

Can't wait!

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 09:18

Honestly thought it would take longer, given where the world is right now.

Weekly episodes, though ...
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 12:16

I hope it goes more back to the space-based stuff. The Expanse is nowhere near at interesting when it's on the ground.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 23:18

Trailer looks awesome, although that's kinda the point of a trailer. Looking forward to it.

S7
x4

Post by S7 » Sun, 25. Oct 20, 04:53

Filming of season 5 began right after filming of season 4 was done, that's why it's happening so fast. And as a reader of the books the series is based on, I can tell you're in for quite a ride. Though the series currently, along with corona precautions, currently suffer a sexual harassment case caused by Cas Anvar playing the Roci's pilot Alex Kamal which is in investigation by an external group and the creators keep silent about it right now to ensure everyone is heard out and also to prevent the show from being stopped.
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 12x 3.80GHz
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4-3000
Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
FSP HydroGe 650 Watt

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 25. Oct 20, 21:53

I read the books and I can tell you - the shit will get real with every next season.
There is currently 8 books released and the 9th will be series finale, so hopefully we'll have 9 season fo TV series.

Additionally I must say that the TV series is the first example ever where the VT series took some liberties to change soem things from the books for the better.

Can't wait when the Laconia will show up, we should have some glimpses in 5th season.

S7
x4

Post by S7 » Mon, 26. Oct 20, 10:38

Wasn't the last book just released? It's name is Leviathan Falls.
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 12x 3.80GHz
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4-3000
Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
FSP HydroGe 650 Watt

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 06:44

So they just announced a renewal for a 6th season and it will be the final season to air. Not getting the vibe that they're ending the series with things being unfinished so they may be covering all of the books. I haven't read them so I couldn't tell ya one way or the other. But they did say that what's his face got canned (dude that played the Roci's pilot) since he couldn't keep it in his pants, so he won't be part of the 6th season. They didn't mention if they're replacing him with another actor or replacing his character and I didn't dig into it. Regardless, I'm sure we'll see what the final season brings.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 07:39

Cas Anvar. I believe he's still under investigation for those allegations, but obviously they don't want to keep him aboard on the offchance it might turn out to all be true.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 15:11

Yeah, but I have a sneaking feeling they've corroborated enough of the allegations to justify his firing.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 16. Dec 20, 05:14

It has begun! The first 3 episodes of season 5 are up on Amazon!
rebellionpac.com

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 16. Dec 20, 17:57

Is it good? I haven't watched it yet.
Both books and TV show seems to be better and better with every next part.

I recall from books that Season 5 will be a bit slow and more on worldbuilding and characterbuilding till midway, when the shit GOT REAL :) - from that point there will never be any boring part till the end of entire story.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 01:31

Started S5. Still annoyed by the stupid Belter speak, but I've got this far so I guess I'll push through.

Here we go!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 12:07

"Still annoyed by the stupid Belter speak .."

Hmm. It seems to me that a lot of the US/UK commercial TV channels seem to be using it for their sponsors/products advertising nowadays. It annoys me there more than it does in The Expanse. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 16:11

Weird they would be doing that since the show is only aired on streaming platforms and not on broadcast tv. But oh well, I don't watch broadcast TV so doesn't bother me :mrgreen:
rebellionpac.com

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 16:26

I actually quite like the Belter speak and also just resubscribed to Prime Video just for this series. Yes I could have waited and binged all in January for just one month, but I cant wait to watch good scifi to wash off the stench from Discovery :P ( :D )

MFG

Ketraar

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 17:09

I like Belter speak as a immersion concept, but in the books I often didn't understand what they are talking and skipped belter dialogues.
What can I say, I'm an Inner after all, I'm not suppose to understand Belters :)

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 01:05

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 17. Dec 20, 17:09
I like Belter speak as a immersion concept, but in the books I often didn't understand what they are talking and skipped belter dialogues.
What can I say, I'm an Inner after all, I'm not suppose to understand Belters :)
This is where I'm at.

I like concept, and they're showing that language has moved on and the Belters have developed their own variant based on English and something else (Creole gets floated about?) but it just sounds like gibberish to me. Having entire segments where the conversation, and ultimately plot, is unintelligible doesn't make good TV; even having the subtitles on is of little use to me sometimes.

It also doesn't help that one of the main characters, Naomi, seems to changed how she speaks in the last season or two; she now sounds like a UK chav with her "U WOT M8?!" accent.

Ugh. Push through Moo! I should just be pleased there's decent sci-fi back on, and it's not that pap Discovery. :roll:

Return to “Off Topic English”