Dutch whales best whales

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Dutch whales best whales

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 13:53

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Re: Dutch whales best whales

Post by felter » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:17

Looking at them, the placement of them and even their shape, I suspect that is what they are there for and what they were designed to do, so I doubt very much it was a fluke.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:26

felter wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:17
Looking at them, the placement of them and even their shape, I suspect that is what they are there for and what they were designed to do, so I doubt very much it was a fluke.
Naah, it absolutely is a fluke. It's a whale. If it was a fish it'd be a fin :).
I can't breathe.

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:53

felter wrote:
The article literally quotes the sculptor responsible expressing surprise they didn't break.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:42

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:26
felter wrote:
Naah, it absolutely is a fluke. It's a whale. If it was a fish it'd be a fin :).
If they are not there for that purpose, I would say those are some odd pieces of art with a rather questionable placement to say the least. Look really out of place.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 23:00

Nice joke there RegisterMe ! :)
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 3. Nov 20, 00:14

Rug wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 23:00
Nice joke there RegisterMe ! :)
Glad somebody got it :).

EDIT: Or, at least appreciated it enough to comment :).
I can't breathe.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Nov 20, 11:41

If it had been a fin then it might have split the train down the middle or given way without supporting it. So that's more to be thankful for, that the statue was there and that it was a whale and not the usual fish format.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Fri, 6. Nov 20, 13:08

Mightysword wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:42
RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 14:26
felter wrote:
If they are not there for that purpose, I would say those are some odd pieces of art with a rather questionable placement to say the least. Look really out of place.
The designer originally put in the initial mock up of the rail-extension just to add a little flair to the piece, the actual design he submitted did not feature them, that made the people in the county go, hey where did the nice artwork go? Why not put it into the design you're actually gonna build, so the county-government asked him to do that, so they built it.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Return to “Off Topic English”