Mass Effect remasters and new game confirmed

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Mass Effect remasters and new game confirmed

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 31. Dec 20, 19:50

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 31. Dec 20, 19:02
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 31. Dec 20, 17:44
The Andromeda Initiative wasn't a secret, it's actual objective was.
When in any of the 3 ME games have you heard of it? I must have missed it. Even in Lair of the Shadow broker when Liara takes over and later when you meet her as the Broker, there is no indication or even slight hint to any such project. And the benefactor is not the Shadow Broker, you get a message from him/her threatening Ryker, where the benefactor was clearly someone WILLING to help the initiative. Its only not a secret in ME:A, which is my point of it being a retcon.
Well, yeah, in that sense, of course it's a retcon. The writers of the game didn't predict they were going to be writing another game in the same universe. That doesn't mean that it was hidden during the events of ME1-3. You're reaching.
Ketraar wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Well, then, would you have preferred it if you weren't playing the role of the hero
You asked for the resemblance in story beats, my preferences to role play have nothing to do with the story concept. Also there are many flavours to be the hero, you can be Luke and fire the crucial shot to blow up a Death Star and open up the path for OTHER character to actually shape their worlds, or in ME if we ignore the bad ending in 3, you can be the captain of a ship that has other heroes that actually have the solutions and you are just hired muscle and get some options to define a path but rely on much more capable characters to get stuff done. Shepard is rather incompetent if you really think about it, but I digress.

Btw in X games you are mostly a Luke type hero and less a Shepard one.
Oh dear god. Again reaching. You're playing the part of the pivotal character either way. Every first person story driven game is a copy of the ME story by your analogy. Let's go further back and say the game had words, it copied everything but chess and pong!
Ketraar wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Again, since you know the story, you are aware that the Angara didn't have the AIs that the pathfinders did and only had limited success in activating the remnant tech
Yes I'm aware, as you say I know the story and its not a particularly good one. Yes Agrarians are again a engineered species that were created by a mystical creator that has long gone and left behind tech that the one created cant understand but humans from different galaxy can because they have HAL9000? Its neither interesting nor plausible, especially since the Angarans seem to have rather unique way of retaining memories and have clearly special "spiritual" abilities. I wonder who they are trying to mimic here? :roll:
If by flipping the on/off switch is tantamount to understanding something, then I'm a rocket scientist! Who knew?! Jeez dude. They repeatedly told you over and over again they didn't understand the tech. They were only able to interface with it because of the AI. Hell Peebee knew more about the tech than Ryder did, and she didn't have direct use of SAM, and she was only scratching the surface. Maybe it's convenient? But so what? If you want every minute detail explained then the game might as well be an encyclopedia and I couldn't imagine anything more boring.
Ketraar wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
And you're also aware that the Kett weren't native to Andromeda
Think you misunderstood the story here, the Kett are native to Andromeda just not the Heleus Cluster, though its not references where exactly their home world (Sarhesen) is located. They have a ruling structure and seem to be somewhat inspired by mixing the Wraith from Stargate and the Collectors from ME2. Indications that they require other species to "evolve" is not new, but still interesting, sadly we never go really deep into this and the Archon is just made out to be a Kett rogue (so double the villainy :roll: ).
Fine, forgive me. I'm not an astrologist despite my ability to turn a planetarium off and on. So they didn't come from the Helios cluster where the Andromeda story takes place. It still doesn't change my point. They weren't there when the initiative looked and arrived there before the initiative arrived in Andromeda.
Ketraar wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Who cares about the logistics of building the things?
Well I do. Having "lived" through that period I find it to be important for the credibility of the story as otherwise it loses impact.
Well then go play Minecraft and pretend its resource gathering for the arks in the future fictional timeline you "lived" through. You can even make a mod for it and change the title to "Ketraar's Boring Mass Effect Resource Gathering Operations".
Ketraar wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
I mean, shit, they built the whole damn crucible in the span of a few days.
Well days is a tad short, yes it takes us days to do it playing the game, but in ingame time its more like weeks if not months. We have to travel most of the galaxy to just get the info on how to make it and then its told it was designed to be simple in constructions and you had ALL THE GALAXY working on it, so it would be feasible to assume a project that involved building ships that had 80 TIMES faster FTL drives (~50c vs 3900c) then current MW ships it would have been known at least by SOME of the most knowledgeable people during that period, Shepard being one of them!!!!
okay, and? You think that it couldn't therefor take years for SOME OF THE GALAXY to build the arks?

Just because something isn't mentioned, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Bears do shit in the woods whether or not you're around to see it.

*edit
Ya know, there's probably a very simple and reasonable explanation. If you recall, the mass relays were used as jump points to sectors of space and ships would travel at FTL from there to their final destinations. There probably wasn't a need for FTL being that fast for such short trips. I would also imagine that the FTL drives on the arks are massive and have a huge power requirement and thusly probably aren't feasible to mount on anything much smaller than the arks.
Ketraar wrote:
ME is about the characters, choices and (hopefully) consequences
Lol so why all the nitpicking over logistics of building the arks and beating up other minor details of the Andromeda story?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

red assassin
x3

Re: Mass Effect remasters and new game confirmed

Post by red assassin » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 01:06

Last edited by Ketraar on Fri, 1. Jan 21, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Images tags for over sized pictures
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Return to “Off Topic English”