Biden

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Biden

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 00:17

unifying with white supremacists and people that just attempted a coup is not level headed. It's f'n stupid.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 08:52

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 00:17
unifying with white supremacists and people that just attempted a coup is not level headed. It's f'n stupid.
That's not going to happen, I wouldn't be worried about that.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 16:10

howdy, checking in, so that I can follow this thread now.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 16:33

fiksal wrote:
Sun, 3. Jan 21, 16:10
howdy, checking in, so that I can follow this thread now.
Hey you. You haven't missed terribly much. Just some of the GOP trying to stage a coup, Biden wants to be their buddies, thousands more people dead, hillbillies think they're going to start a war in the name of the orange one, and Gym Jordan didn't know George Washington instituted quarantine laws.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 18:43

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 3. Jan 21, 16:33
Hey you. You haven't missed terribly much. Just some of the GOP trying to stage a coup, Biden wants to be their buddies, thousands more people dead, hillbillies think they're going to start a war in the name of the orange one, and Gym Jordan didn't know George Washington instituted quarantine laws.
Thanks!
I at least voted in an important election recently.

The day is almost here.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 14:58

Georgia Representative Vows to File Articles of Impeachment Against Joe Biden After Inauguration

https://sputniknews.com/us/202101141081 ... guration-/

I think this woman is clearly mad,
Marjorie Taylor Greene
🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
·
13h
On January 21st, I’m filing Articles of Impeachment on President-elect @JoeBiden

75 million Americans are fed up with inaction.

It’s time to take a stand.

I’m proud to be the voice of Republican voters who have been ignored.
With inaction? I really don't understand that at all, biden did win, as for this 75 million, about the other side that did vote for Biden? So, I not got a clue what she on about.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 15:08

Does anyone really know what the Qanon nuts are talking about?
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 15:58

They should be confined to the loony bin. I even read a report that some Qanon nuts even thought Trump was talking to them in Morse code. :lol:

Totally potty.

Biden is in for a long hard struggle, I don' envy his job at all. With the GOP who may try and take it out on him, first for the impeachment of Trump, and secondary for losing senate control. I sadly feel, Some of these GOP loonies, might end up doing a lot more harm in the future. Even if the senate does somewhat support him, many of the people that didn't vote for him, will only cause some kind of trouble as well. All in all, dark days ahead.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:04

Her impeachment bid is doa, anyway and she should be embarrassed for trying. I doubt she'll even get a quarter of the GOP to sign on and she has no shot at getting a majority of the house to back it, and she knows it. Likely it's just another con to get the maga morons to fork over more cash. It'll never make it past committee and she'll end up getting herself censured by the house and may even end up losing her committee assignments.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:52

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:04
Her impeachment bid is doa, anyway and she should be embarrassed for trying. I doubt she'll even get a quarter of the GOP to sign on and she has no shot at getting a majority of the house to back it, and she knows it. Likely it's just another con to get the maga morons to fork over more cash. It'll never make it past committee and she'll end up getting herself censured by the house and may even end up losing her committee assignments.
Indeed, there is zero way she will be able to get this through the house. she is just a total nutter for even trying. Even then, what she says is totally BS anyway. nothing will stick. And yet these are people that are in the GOP. Got a feeling the GOP might end up splitting even more.

You know, If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was the GOP gunning after a Dem president, then they would be jumping up and down like mad hatters to get the trail done as quickly as possible. The GOP really are a party of double standards. They should be assumed of themselves. But again, Biden's job isn't going to be easy. You have these nut jobs out for revenge, the rest of the GOP, well, either they remain loyal to the founding fathers, or they might end up fracturing along with the nut jobs and we may see two or more parties come away from the GOP. Certainly, there is a chance of it splitting.

But you could also say if they do split, then Biden better be careful. My issue is, if there is a split, how many of Trump's followers might join this new party? if they do, that should be a cause for concern, not just for Biden, but those that still remain in the original GOP. Very messy.
=

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 17:55

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:52
Indeed, there is zero way she will be able to get this through the house. she is just a total nutter for even trying.
Yet here we are spending bandwidth debating a utterly nonsensical statement made by a troll like figure. Haven't we learned anything from 4 years of trolling president? Come on people, dont feed the trolls, all they seek is attention.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 18:07

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 17:55
matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:52
Indeed, there is zero way she will be able to get this through the house. she is just a total nutter for even trying.
Yet here we are spending bandwidth debating a utterly nonsensical statement made by a troll like figure. Haven't we learned anything from 4 years of trolling president? Come on people, dont feed the trolls, all they seek is attention.

MFG

Ketraar
I don't think there's any debate to be had here. It's a dumb move and she's gonna get the attention she wants from the Faux News viewers anyway, as would anyone that says "let's do things to a democrat!"; Whether or not we make fun of her isn't going to change that.

Naw, I'm of the mind that if she wants attention, lets give her attention she isn't going to like. And I don't mean by posting something here, but encouraging the house to scrutinize and investigate her every move. Let's put the whackydo under the spotlight and see how she responds when the pressure is on.
rebellionpac.com

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 02:36

Mightysword wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 23:47
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 09:45
Biden is exactly a man who cannot be put in one of those stereotyped boxes. He's not a conservative, nor a liberal. In Italy he'd be "democristian", which is the pure center willing to discuss and find agreements with everyone but extremists. One thing I'm pretty sure of is he's not going to reduce salary gaps between middle class and rich people.

Somehow I missed this comment earlier, but yes that's the kind of person he is in my eye. A very recent example is how his campaign specifically distant itself from the #defundthepolice slogan. The fact that Trump campaign tried to pin the "he want to defund the police" on Biden, and Biden specifically came out and said "hell no, I didn't say that" kinda give you an idea how both side acutely aware the extremism behind that message and the effect it has. And it does my heart good to see that, because at the time the other Democrat leadership basically got swept away in the moment while Biden (or campaign) maintained a more level head.

I wouldn't call him a pure-center, he's a life long Democrat with a record for it. I think it's more accurate to describe him as a left-leaning centrist. Ideology-wise he's clearly on the left side, but his head has enough left-over room for the practical side as well to keep himself grounded.
During the primaries I was greatly rooting for Bernie, but most of the other left leaning folks I knew were simply not going for it because they said Biden's centerism made him such a strong candidate and they were worried Bernie was too far left to win. It was pretty deflating to realize that they were probably right.

We now have majority in the House and Senate, and have the WH. I hope Biden has the same fervor to get things done that Bernie would have in that same position.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 08:53

Tolmos wrote:
Fri, 15. Jan 21, 02:36
During the primaries I was greatly rooting for Bernie, but most of the other left leaning folks I knew were simply not going for it because they said Biden's centerism made him such a strong candidate and they were worried Bernie was too far left to win. It was pretty deflating to realize that they were probably right.

We now have majority in the House and Senate, and have the WH. I hope Biden has the same fervor to get things done that Bernie would have in that same position.
With thing being as it is, Biden's presidency will not be about the left or the right, or at least I hope that's not what he gonna try to be. Bernie has a very divisive agenda and approach, and by that I don't mean by the political line, he's divisive even within his own wings. Bernie really sucks at is building alliance and coalitions, again by that I mean within the Democrat base itself. I had said it before, if he can not unify people within his own wings, there is no way he can do it with the people on the other sides. The US elect a president, not a king, and a president without sufficient support will either be a lame duck or an "executive order" president.

Biden job is already as difficult as it is, and it's getting harder each day with all these craps happening. I hope the people on the Democrat will support him in the day ahead, and not trying to pile even more pressure on him. Again, he will the president of the US, don't expect him to performance miracle fitting of a king.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 00:57

I'm not so sure how I should file Biden's reaction to the storm of the Capitol. I understand that those people were ransacking the place. But does this to justify calling them "domestic terrorists"? I don't know. Has a bad taste to it and I doubt anything good will come from this.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 01:07

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Sun, 17. Jan 21, 00:57
I'm not so sure how I should file Biden's reaction to the storm of the Capitol. I understand that those people were ransacking the place. But does this to justify calling them "domestic terrorists"? I don't know. Has a bad taste to it and I doubt anything good will come from this.
The white supremacists were classified by the federal government as terrorists long before this. And they are domestic groups. So, yes, "domestic terrorist" is a very appropriate label.
rebellionpac.com

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 01:23

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Sun, 17. Jan 21, 00:57
I too think the term terrorist is thrown around way too much, people need to be careful throwing around such words. Theres many other terms too that went from severe rarely used words to something we see everyday over the last decade or so, it is indeed dangerous and problematic to the issues they aim to highlight. Most of the people that entered the capitol building were probably just morons, brainwashed conspiracy nuts and people that should be interned in asylums - these people should get some jail time but nothing crazy, and some should even get offered professional help. But some of them however such as the ones organising, the ones attacking people or with real intent to capture and hurt/kill government officials absolutely could be called terrorists, I would however prefer if they used the term insurgents and treated them as a violent rebellion.

True white supremacists of course should be considered terrorists if they act on their beliefs or attempt to make others act on them, they fit the classification perfectly. But not everyone storming the capitol was a white supremacist.

PS: Like I said earlier however, patriot act 2.0 is coming and terrorist is going to be the word of the week.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 03:37

To cal them a terrorist you first have to look at what a terrorist actually is, the definition of a terrorist is:

a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

So from that you have to look at what is actually terrorism, and that definitions is:

the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

So now we can ask what were these people after, they were after political gain and to subvert that legitimate change in government to one that is more to their personal liking, I would say that they had a political purpose. So we now have to ask did they use threats and intimidation to try to gain their political purpose. One of the main things they were chanting was "Hang Mike Pence", and to show that they meant it, they had also brought along a hangman's noose and setup a gallows, presumably to hang Mike Pence. Not just that they had also setup a guillotine which only has a single use, to violently remove one's head. So we now have them threatening violence with the full intention of committing violence, this was done in an attempt to coerce others to bend to their political purpose.

Axeface points out that they were.
Most of the people that entered the capitol building were probably just morons, brainwashed conspiracy nuts and people that should be interned in asylums
So we then have to ask, if you are a moron you can't be a terrorist, the brainwashed part is interesting, as a lot of the time when explaining how one has become a terrorist they will use that exact term, they were brainwashed into becoming a terrorist.

So are they terrorists, well if you look at the definitions and even how they are being defended as they are just brainwashed morons, then everything points to yes, they are terrorists, there is no ifs or buts about it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 04:09

Felter's absolutely right. So they were Yeehawdists and not Jihadists, big deal. Their whiteness isn't an excuse.

I really don't get why we should be considering going easy on any of them. If it had been any other group, the "patriots" would be screaming for blood, but white folks try to overthrow the government? Newp, can't call them terrorists.

And bear in mind, the folks that attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi were labeled terrorists and 4 people died then. And the republicans bring that up to this very day to attack democrats. I'm sorry but their own members acting exactly like those that attacked the embassy aren't going to get a pass.
rebellionpac.com

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 09:11

White people seem programmed, in the main, to associate the word 'terrorist' with non-white people. - I've just read that even James Comey described the threat at Biden's inauguration as coming from 'armed disturbed people.' - We're sanitising what is simply terrorism. We *must* stop choosing different language because the skin colour doesn't match our preconceptions. I feel our selective language is just another sign of just how deeply engrained racism is in the US (and elsewhere.)

It's gonna take generations, and far better political leadership than currently makes the ballot paper to put right.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “Off Topic English”