Star Wars extended universe being reintroduced as canon? (Mandalorian spoilers)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Star Wars extended universe being reintroduced as canon? (Mandalorian spoilers)

Post by felter » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 21:47

That last episode has a rating score of 9.9 on IMDB with over 8,000 votes, that's pretty darn good, I don't think I have ever seen a score like that before.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Star Wars extended universe being reintroduced as canon? (Mandalorian spoilers)

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 19. Dec 20, 00:56

felter wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 21:47
That last episode has a rating score of 9.9 on IMDB with over 8,000 votes, that's pretty darn good, I don't think I have ever seen a score like that before.
It was very good. Even the guy that showed up as a post RotJ Luke was a pretty good look alike and played the part well. Curious if they're going to do a spinoff with him and Grogu as well - though nothing I've seen has indicated that. But given there's at least 10 additional SW projects on the horizon, it certainly is in the realm of possibility.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 19. Dec 20, 11:56

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 19. Dec 20, 00:56
felter wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 21:47
It was very good. Even the guy that showed up as a post RotJ Luke was a pretty good look alike and played the part well. Curious if they're going to do a spinoff with him and Grogu as well - though nothing I've seen has indicated that. But given there's at least 10 additional SW projects on the horizon, it certainly is in the realm of possibility.
Wasn't Luke face in the episode done via "deep fake" technology using old Mark Hamill footage? For spin-off they would have to got for more expensive 3D face modeling like they done with Tarkin in Rogue One.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 08:45

I like the actor chosen to play Mando, it's the normal guy, not the super handsome man they often use. Perfect dad face.
Perhaps in season 3 we're going to see one episode with Luke, I expect Mando going back to Grogu at some point.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 22:02

It's funny how no one is mentioning that Mando is now the leader of the Mandalorians. That is what that sword kind of means, as all of the Mandalorians will follow whoever holds that sword into battle. It's why the Princess wanted it and she wont fight Mando for it one on one, as she would loose and she knows that, and as you seen Mando can't just give it to her as she would loose face and no one would follow her. So Mando is now the leader of the Mandalorian pack.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 17:07

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 09:07
pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 17. Dec 20, 12:02
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 17. Dec 20, 08:50
I don't know for sure, but I think Solo is set before episode one, when Maul was still alive.
Darth Maul appears in Star Wars: Rebels, which is most definitely set after episode one--one of the main characters is a Jedi who managed to avoid Order 66 and has been on the run ever since.
I'm happy he survived, then. He's a good guy with a complicated life, isn't he? :| :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
He died at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine in SW Rebels 3rd Season.
felter wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 22:02
It's funny how no one is mentioning that Mando is now the leader of the Mandalorians. That is what that sword kind of means, as all of the Mandalorians will follow whoever holds that sword into battle. It's why the Princess wanted it and she wont fight Mando for it one on one, as she would loose and she knows that, and as you seen Mando can't just give it to her as she would loose face and no one would follow her. So Mando is now the leader of the Mandalorian pack.
Its not as clear cut as you put it though. There are several levels of politics in Mandalorian culture. Satine Kryze ruled Mandalore without the Dark Sabre which afaik was held by Vizsla from the Death Watch, which had Satine's Sister Bo Katan as member. And they followed the more warrior creed claiming that the one in possession of the Dark Sabre would be legitimate ruler of Mandalore. As with all political stances this is debatable and its easily shown when Bo Katan meets Djarin the first time and reacts to his creed of not removing the helmet, saying that he is of "that group", clearly indicating various types and levels of zealots within the culture. So yes the Sabre is important to Bo Katan, but Djarin could give less of a f*** about it. Also Gideon clearly states that the Sabre itself is just a symbol and all it does is help drive a narrative with some people. As V (for Vendetta) said, "Symbols are given power by people. Alone a symbol is meaningless."

Anyway, as for the topic I dont think Disney is going full Legends, they are picking and choosing characters and stories from it and so far I think its working. Rebels and Clone Wars are quite good and if you like the Mandalorian you would like those shows too (same writer/creator). They are not as "core" Sci-fi or even SW, they are much lighter, which is good, but they still have very good writing, characters are compelling and stories are fun, they even fill some gaps, especially wrt to Clone Wars and Ep. 1-3.

I'm looking forward to the Ahsoka Series the most tbh, she is one of, if not my favourite SW character. She is the closest we got to having a grey Jedi, since that didnt pan out in TLJ, I'm still hoping to get there with her. Also it probably wil include Thrawn which is also a great character and possibly the best SW villain after Darth Vader.

Unlike some people I keep hearing about SW fatigue, I say shut up and bring it all, just make it good and dont try and Marvel it. Just deliver good writing and compelling stories, trying to explain every stupid things is just silly, or should I say Solo... I get my coat.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “Off Topic English”