Discussion of moderator actions removed from Trump topic

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PaperDog

Discussion of moderator actions removed from Trump topic

Post by PaperDog » Thu, 4. Feb 21, 06:07

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 3. Feb 21, 21:31
CBJ wrote:
Tue, 2. Feb 21, 16:52
Get back on topic.
I don't know which part of this short sentence wasn't clear. Get back to discussing the topic of this thread, not each other, or both of you will find yourselves suspended from posting at all.
I know that nothing would probably please you more than to see everybody in here spew their hate about 'Trump' in this 'Trump' thread (in a game board)... buuut... Sorry to bust your Disneyland up... Our dialog isn't myopic like that. Please Tell us... If this topic were about beer, would you be having a cow if somebody raised 'Hops' and 'Yeast' in the conversation? Trump topic is like beer, and there are some people who cant understand why grapes wont explain beer. Dont be so uptight. Take a chill pill ... Have a beer :D
PaperDog

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Discussion of moderator actions removed from Trump topic

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. Feb 21, 10:33

Despite the formal warning you have received, you still don't seem to have read the forum rules, so I will remind you once again.
The_Abyss wrote:
Mon, 4. Apr 05, 16:00
• Absolutely no one is to use abuse of a personal nature against another forum member. If you are offended by another users' post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue. In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance.
Making personal attacks on someone who disagrees with you has nothing to do with discussing the wider background of the thread's subject matter.
The_Abyss wrote:
Mon, 4. Apr 05, 16:00
• Discussion of any action taken by the site in relation to a user (i.e. a banning or a warning) is not permitted. This includes discussions about locked topics.
In other words, moderator reminders to get back on topic are not up for discussion.

In case that's not enough, here's a further reminder taken from a moderator post a few pages back in the relevant thread.
CBJ wrote:
Sun, 3. Jan 21, 13:55
• Law aside, this is a private forum, and the owners determine the rules. Egosoft chooses to encourage free discussion wherever possible, but Egosoft also gets to choose where to draw the line. Racist rhetoric, threats and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
• The above points are not up for discussion. If you don't like the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up to the forum, don't post. It's a simple as that. If you decide not to comply with the forum rules then you can expect the decision to be made for you in the form of a ban.

Return to “Off Topic English”