Bring him back?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should we get amtct back?

Yes, without a doubt!
20%
Never, he was Satan's spawn!
20%
Maybe if he promises to behave...
5%
To late, he is probaby dead!!!
10%
Sausages.
35%
Currywurst.
10%

Total votes: 20

greypanther
x3ap

Bring him back?

Post by greypanther » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 13:47

After a post by the Grand Chicken: Gavrushka :P, I thought it was worth risking the wrath of the moderators, to ask a question that occured to me, abhout an ex member of this forum.

Some of you may remember amtct, the older, ex Romanian Colonel who used to grace this forum, right up until he was banned. Now I know he was very often a very naughty man, but he was also very entertaining, in my not at all humble opinion. This forum got a little blander after he left. So my question is: Has he done enough of " time " to be allowed back, even invited if anyone knows how to conatct him? :)

Yes I know mods. Please delete if you feel the need, I will not be offended... :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bring him back?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 15:09

This is all rather moot unless you know that they want to return and wish to take the initiative in achieving that.

The only way towards such reinstatement that has any chance of success would be if they personally contacted Egosoft directly (say CBJ), asked to be reinstated and credibly promised to conform diligently to forum rules. Even if it worked (and that would be up to Egosoft) then it would likely be on probation with a caveat of 'one more misbehaviour and they're back out permanently' or such.

As I implied, a poll and popular opinion is unnecessary and irrelevant in this case.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 17:53

Never was a real Him fan to be honest. That amtct guy was their drummer or someone else?
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 18:08

I thought Him was from the Cannonball Run. I did not know he had a band.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 19:05

He amused me, but I don't know / can't remember what, if anything, he did to transgress any of the house rules. So sausages!
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 20:43

RegisterMe wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 19:05
He amused me, but I don't know / can't remember what, if anything, he did to transgress any of the house rules. So sausages!
I'm trying to remember the circumstances, but the stuffs is foggy in my mind. I may be wrong, but I think he ate one of the moderators.

But I voted to see him returned. - And I understand the moderator is back with us now, or at least I heard amtct passed him in the grass. :|
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 20:45

greypanther wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 13:47
After a post by the Grand Chicken: Gavrushka :P

Ahaha, it's been a long time since I had a flap.

Flap, flap, flap!

Oh... :oops:

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 21:06

@ Gavrushka: :lol:

@Alan Phipps: I would have to disagree there Alan. Not a great deal can be changed, especially as I am uncertain just how many chances he had to reform, he could have already reached and gone beyond that final goodbye. However two things occured to me.
1) If he still occasionally lurks, just out of curiosity, he will see that he is not forgotten and at least two people want him back, ( as of this moment,) thus encouraging him to try to return. hopefully. :)
2) The whole idea of a poll, from me and here anyway, is to maybe make someone smile. A day you make someone smile, instead of scowl, is chalked down a a successful day to me. Maybe the hope is in vain. :roll:

Of course there are many who think all polls are pointless, even things like general elections and the Brexit poll, which constantly amazes me, though I doubt you are one of them Alan. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 21:11

Heh, do I think the Brexit poll was pointless? Now don't get me started on that ... but that is for a different thread. :wink:

Yes, your poll here made me smile too as I remember the amtct. I just wondered why you thought it would be deleted (we moderators are cuddly teddy bears really - well, maybe not every one of us. :D ).

'Remember the amtct' - that smacks of 'Remember the Cant' in 'The Expanse' book and DVD series. 8)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 21:29

I thought you might want to delete it because I considered it maybe a bit too close to questioning a mods decision, that of banning him in the first place, which it was not, because I do remember he could really offend some people. :)

As for: " Remember the Cant', " excellent series, the best sci fi to be had and more than enough reason alone to get Prime. Such a shame they are not continuing after the next series. :( I have started reading the books however and who knows someone else may pick it up.

Edit: My mental image of you Alan, is now forever changed.
Edit2: I also know of a forum, filled to the gunwales, with loads of people just like amtct. Some much worse than him too. :D

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:37

Wasn't there some user that had a "Bring back the amtct" signature for the longest time?

As for what remember of them, I would assume they are more likely to come back if a lot of people vote that they were the devil than if people want them to come back. :lol:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:53

"Edit: My mental image of you Alan, is now forever changed."

As I don't know the start and end states, I really don't know what to think of that. :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 13:26

"We moderators are cuddly teddy bears... " - taking notes... :lol:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:39

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:53
As I don't know the start and end states, I really don't know what to think of that. :D
Start state: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSM8GcShChk

End state: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FoUFbCEJLQ

Though to be perfectly honest, I am not sure which segment is the scariest!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 03:04

clakclak wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:37
Wasn't there some user that had a "Bring back the amtct" signature for the longest time?
That might have been me. I certainly had a sig quote along the lines of "Bring back the amtct", also quoting gavrushka - something along the lines of "We believe in the value of free speech".

There was a joke in there somewhere. But it was tired long before I changed my sig to reference George Floyd (who died nearly a year ago now :( ).
I can't breathe.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 07:38

Oh Lord, almost a decade of RM mocking me in his sig has come to an end... Yeah, it was the juxtaposition of two of my comments that made for an unfortunate amalgam. As I remember, they were 'freedom of speech makes idiots feel they have something of value to say' along with ''we want the amtct back.'

So, yeah, village idiot here... :shock:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 10:57

(@ greypanther: I agree very much with the dinosaur bit - I use that term to describe myself over my futile attempts at using stuff like VPNs and smart phones, etc. I consider the end state you gave decidedly not cuddly though. :D )

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 11:25

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 07:38
Oh Lord, almost a decade of RM mocking me in his sig has come to an end... Yeah, it was the juxtaposition of two of my comments that made for an unfortunate amalgam. As I remember, they were 'freedom of speech makes idiots feel they have something of value to say' along with ''we want the amtct back.'

So, yeah, village idiot here... :shock:
./applause :).
I can't breathe.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 17:20

On the subject of bringing him back, I just noticed Bugmeister hasn't posted in over a year. He'd been a regular, if not frequent, poster up until then.

I do hope he's alright.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 21:16

I see Morkonan hasn't posted in a while too, is he OK?

Return to “Off Topic English”