Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 20:16

During WW2, the sitting president would send copies of intel briefs to the party nominees so that whichever was elected to office would know what was going on with the war effort. That continued after WW2 and hadn't been an issue until this orange buffoon.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 20:40

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 20:16
During WW2, the sitting president would send copies of intel briefs to the party nominees so that whichever was elected to office would know what was going on with the war effort. That continued after WW2 and hadn't been an issue until this orange buffoon.
My understanding, is that your orange buffoon never paid much attention to intel briefs anyway. Why would he need intel, since after all, he knows more than anyone else and everyone else is an idiot?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 20:53

Oh I dunno, how about him showing it off to impress some stooge of his? Or sending it to Putin? Or regurgitating it at one of his klan rallies? The point is he can't be trusted with it - That's the problem.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 11. Mar 24, 13:06

Chips wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 19:55
Sounds weird; they're no longer elected representatives of the country and should have zero authority or position of office required to see classified intelligence.

Are you sure they have access to intel briefings?
Yep. I can't find what is it called, it's not the same as Daily briefings that the President gets, I think.

from 2020:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... d-n1248994
When David Priess was a CIA officer, he traveled to Houston, he recalls, to brief former President George H.W. Bush on classified developments in the Middle East.

It was part of a long tradition of former presidents being consulted about, and granted access to, some of the nation's secrets.

Priess and other former intelligence officials say Joe Biden would be wise not to let that tradition continue in the case of Donald Trump.

They argue soon-to-be-former President Trump already poses a danger because of the secrets he currently possesses, and they say it would be foolish to trust him with more sensitive information. With Trump's real estate empire under financial pressure and his brand suffering, they worry he will see American secrets as a profit center.

onto your question of why, I was looking for an answer recently, what is the Prime Minister position, what is the President, especially in countries that have both like Poland. What's the State and what's the Government.

And my over simplified conclusion is that the President replaces the role of the king. Which is obvious I suppose. So that's why.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 11. Mar 24, 17:55

So news just in,

E. Jean Carroll's attorneys ask judge to approve Trump's $91M bond in her defamation case, but making one change, The change reduces the amount of time between the resolution of Trump's appeal and Carroll's payment.

I was hoping she would have rejected the bond, and perhaps block the appeal, especailly what he said on Saturday. So Trump's appeal will then move forward? I bloody hope it's dead on arrival. I do hope they know what they are doing, I would have rejected the bond, and see if its possible to go after his assets instead. Anyway, good luck with her, and I hope the appeal court rules in her favour. And I think after what he said on Saturday, it should be a slam dunk case.
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 13:40

fiksal wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 24, 13:06
And my over simplified conclusion is that the President replaces the role of the king. Which is obvious I suppose. So that's why.
That's the weird thing; the King is told because he is Head of State. An ex-president is not.

I know they're allowed access to files related to their time in Office, but not current ones. That's mental.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 16:43

Chips wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 24, 13:40
I know they're allowed access to files related to their time in Office, but not current ones. That's mental.
yep, I don't disagree.

President in US is considered more than a public servant, which is all he/she is supposed to be in my opinion
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 17:33

Well, no, they're not supposed to be. The whole reason our government was formed the way it is in the first place was to make our leaders accountable to the public after revolting against the monarchy in England. It was a founding principle that no one, including the president, is above the law. While republicans certainly like to selectively pick and chose when laws apply to them, that is not the way the constitution is written or federal and state laws.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 17:52

Looks like Trump is on course to get money from the RNC, as they just had a night of the long knives. I hope they go bankrupt in a few months. Then another source of funding and a committee with dray up.

Trump also tried his delay, delay and delay on the hush money trial, and the judge isn't happy with Team Trump's antics. But so far, the judge has held firm on the date. But I bet, Trump if he is on the stand, will bladder like no tomorrow and reveal stuff. I bet his lawyers are getting frantic on what he will say or do.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 09:09

So loose cannon did not dismiss the cae against Trump. But still she is clearly slow walking it. I doubt Trump will be pleased. But all he needs to do is delay, delay and delay.

Also, it seems that the Hush Money case will be delayed for another 30 days? I don't know if that is going to happen, only that the DA are willing to delay it for that long. I don't see a reason to delay it. Crazy if they do.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 19:24

The 30 days delay is due to the incompetence of the prosecutors as they gave Trumps defence 31,000 pages of depositions less than 2 weeks from the trial start date as they have to give them time to be able to read through them, Trump is of course demanding 90 days of delay, but the judge could still just go, nope get on with it, but I doubt that will happen as that would open up an avenue for an appeal.

More importantly, in the Georgia RICO case, the Judge gas ruled that there was no conflict of interest by Willis and Wade having a sexual relationship but that she has to fire Wade as a prosecution Lawyer or remove herself and then the trial can go on as normal. Of course, Trump is furious and is ranting and raving on (un)Truth social that it is all a rigged trial and a witch hunt (blah blah blah).

Also related but not related, Peter Navarro has been ordered to report to prison by March 19 to serve his sentence for the contempt of congress when he didn't turn up for his deposition on Jan 6th.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 20:45

Trump has a week and a couple of days to either pay the fine or post a bond. So far, from what I read, nothing has happened yet. Either he can't and his assets will be seized, or somehow manages to post a bond at the very last minute, chubb maybe? But I think if he uses that place again, it's going to raise a lot of red flags. And will have to be approved by the special monitor I think?

Even if he does post a bond, what will he offer in return? I doubt he will be able to do it, so any bond posted by Chubb, I think might be a way to get him off the debt, at least for a little while, but it's still money that is effectively down the drain. apart from the interest) but so far, Trump still doesn't seem to be too concerned about it, at least I not reading anything that says he is deeply worried, unless he thinks AG James won't touch his properties?

Anyway, I really hope he doesn't put up a bond, and kill him financially.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 23:44

He has a lot of potential cash coming his way with the sale of (un)truth social, if that manages to go ahead, which is not a certainty right now, he could be using that for collateral

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 01:49

Anyone got any confidence that "justice" is remotely going to be seen? If he becomes president, can he just dismiss those civil cases as well as federal? :D

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 10:13

So far I haven't seen any justice yet - only some meaningless skirmish which just show that an ex-president is above the law. He is even allowed to run for the office again. :roll:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 17:14

Trump's lawyers are saying he can't pay the full bond for the NY fraud case, Not even sure why they would do a filing, as they just did one today. Unless they are hoping that the appeal court will show mercy on the corrupt POS?

Then come next Monday, then AG James will have a first come first served fire sale of his properties then!! :lol:

Going to be sweet justice when next week comes.
=

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 22:24

matthewfarmery wrote:
Mon, 18. Mar 24, 17:14
Then come next Monday, then AG James will have a first come first served fire sale of his properties then!! :lol:
Going to be sweet justice when next week comes.
Unless his properties sell for as much or more than he claimed they were worth, in which case he could use that as new evidence to reopen the case saying "See? The verdict was wrong, my places are worth what my peons claimed".

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Mar 24, 01:54

It's funny when you think about it. The reason why he is in the predicament that he currently find himself in is because he persistently and constantly lied about money, how much he had, how much he was worth and how much his properties were worth, and even when he was hut with a massive amount he had to pay back he still couldn't stop himself from lying about money. All that has happened is it has made him look even worse than he did a week ago, he is showing just how bad a businessman he actually is and his art of the deal is pretty much non-existent.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 19. Mar 24, 17:38

Loose cannon does it again, now she is done a ruling to for jury questions if the classified documents are personal property. and if yes, acquit Trump.
In just two pages, Judge Cannon suggested jury questions that legal experts have dubbed "insane," as Cannon wants the jury to consider whether Trump can consider top-secret national security documents, including nuclear secrets, to be his personal property.
Bloody insane. She has no clear understanding of the law. Now I hope Jack Smith will drag her to the appeal court and get her removed. There should be no way this could be allowed to happen. She is doing everything she can to please Trump, or get her kicked off the case. Bloody insane woman!!

Edit, it could be worse, it in effect means that the jury must see the documents to determine if they are personal or not, yet they won't be shown to the jury because they are classified. Otherwise, the DOJ will lose the case if they don't comply.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Mar 24, 19:38

The problem that Smith has is he has a single shot at getting Cannon removed, he cannot try to get her removed every other week because she has done something he does not like, so if he tries to get her removed he has to be 100% sure she will be removed and the way the American legal system works he cannot get that assurance, it will always be a gamble, if he tries and if he tries and fails then that just gives her a greater freedom to screw with him.

Right now the American legal system is a pure mess, and it's funny watching the American lawyers try and defend their legal system, they will come up with something like, you see Trump has been fined so many times, so the system works, to me I say to that if a wheel falls off of my car it will still get me to my destination does that mean it's not actually broken because I still got there in the end.

The American courts are corrupt at all levels, you have a state judge making decisions that affect the whole country and his decision is based on not the law of the land but the law of a fictional character he calls the almighty god. You have the likes of Cannon a federal Judge making decisions to try and protect a defendant that she holds a political allegiance too, she doesn't care if he is a criminal or not. But then you also have their supposed supreme court of the United States, where at least 3 of those 9 Judges are open to taken bribes at least 5 of them are making their decisions on either Personal views, Political beliefs or what the bible tells them what to do not what the law is and there is at least 1 of them making decisions for the rights for someone to stand for president while his wife is a fund-raiser for that person election. The level of corruption currently in the American legal system right now is pretty much comparable to some back water 3rd world country rule by a dictator. And it's all being done in plain view, and nothing can be done about it.

Return to “Off Topic English”