X³: TC and AP - Linux support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict or X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn

Re: X³: TC and AP - Linux support thread

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 18:33

ncc386, if your save is from vanilla game, could you upload it to some file hosting? I could try loading it on my Linux machine, see what happens.

ncc386

Post by ncc386 » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 05:04

I tried my backups and the autosaves work but the main save still doesn't. About to load it on a Windows machine and resave it and try that. I can totes email you my save file or something if you want. That would be great.
santi wrote: Look at the screenshot, focus, see the picture with the "Active" words on it, those things sticking out? Those are Torpedoes, six of them, yes they could be dildos too, but unlucky for you they are not, they are Torpedoes.

radcapricorn

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 06:04

Could you just upload to some file hosting like dropbox and then share a link here or via PM?

ncc386

Post by ncc386 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 02:56

santi wrote: Look at the screenshot, focus, see the picture with the "Active" words on it, those things sticking out? Those are Torpedoes, six of them, yes they could be dildos too, but unlucky for you they are not, they are Torpedoes.

radcapricorn

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 15:58

Well, the save loaded just fine here, so whatever the problem is it isn't "just" Linux, perhaps some library issue? Maybe if you run Steam, or even just the X3AP_main binary itself, from console you could get a clue from the output?

PS: I like your ship names. ;)

ncc386

Post by ncc386 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 16:59

radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 11. Oct 18, 15:58
Well, the save loaded just fine here, so whatever the problem is it isn't "just" Linux, perhaps some library issue? Maybe if you run Steam, or even just the X3AP_main binary itself, from console you could get a clue from the output?

PS: I like your ship names. ;)
Thanks for looking at it! I'm using the GOG version. I'll download and install and patch up the Steam version and see if I can load my game there. I don't even remember what my ship names were but I'm assuming they were somewhat offensive as I named them whilst blackout drunk.

EDIT: I have successfully loaded my saved game using the Steam version of the game. The GOG version, however, crashes with some sort of core dump. Interesting! Thanks for the help!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Technical Support”