[x3tc] - Magnetar fighter commands not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:11

It can dock any M3, M4 or M5. Not sure why you're asking considering the M5 is the SMALLEST fighter you'd ever dock at one!

Rheinlander
x4

Post by Rheinlander » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 01:34

pjknibbs wrote:It can dock any M3, M4 or M5. Not sure why you're asking considering the M5 is the SMALLEST fighter you'd ever dock at one!
I had asked because I purchased a Magnetar as a salvage and repair ship intended to offer a means of quickly getting the spoils of war from sector skirmishes. I intended to send it in as I swept in and claimed damaged ships, docking them with the TM and then sending it off to safety to protect my newly salvaged ships, rather than having them get halfway across a sector with 5% hull left only to get smeared by passing Kha'ak, Xenon or Pirates. I fitted it with a jumpdrive to aid in this. Once I got rapid beamdocking down, I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient and useful having a salvage and repair tug was.

Mustikos
x3tc

Post by Mustikos » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 06:11

Hey low...

Well, this game kicks ass, I can't wait until the limited multiplayer version comes out next month! WOOHOO! I'm moving back in with my parents and stopping working!!

Heya, Rhein.. do you know what a HODAG is?!!!
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 00:16

Mustikos wrote:I can't wait until the limited multiplayer version comes out next month! WOOHOO! I'm moving back in with my parents and stopping working!!
Er, what are you talking about? There is no "limited multiplayer version" of X3TC coming out, next month or any month for that matter.

Mustikos
x3tc

Post by Mustikos » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 17:07

CBJ, I was kiddin' , wishful thinkin' .. :)
davesgameworld.com

Rheinlander
x4

Post by Rheinlander » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 05:19

Mustikos wrote:Hey low...
Heya, Rhein.. do you know what a HODAG is?!!!
Yeah, it'd make one hell of a guard dog. :D

Mustikos
x3tc

Post by Mustikos » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 05:14

Rhein, that's great. Actually, hopefully my mom still has it, but she had a small ceramic statue of one, she's from Rheinlander!

Is you mom's name Sharon? hehe You my cousin??
davesgameworld.com

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 05:21

Topics which are unrelated to technical support should be discussed in a different forum (or by PM, if you just want to chat).

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 19:58

pjknibbs wrote:It can dock any M3, M4 or M5. Not sure why you're asking considering the M5 is the SMALLEST fighter you'd ever dock at one!
Speed over firepower for my uses. I've completed several combat oriented contracts using a wing of four M5s launched from a Magnetar. I'd find a way to mitigate the inability to launch my fighters from any range by simply having them fly formation behind me, but they always slam into each other or my Magnetar. :oops:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 20:51

Carlo the Curious wrote:Topics which are unrelated to technical support should be discussed in a different forum (or by PM, if you just want to chat).
Yes, especially if the off-topic chit-chat involves digging up a thread that had been quiet for a couple of weeks. :sceptic:

X3DW

Re: [x3tc] - Magnetar fighter commands not working

Post by X3DW » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 23:40

Edit: I was going to go ahead and delete my post, but since it's already hours old, the 'damage is done' so to speak, and plus I think I've discovered something, possibly, so it's probably worth leaving it as is in case it helps someone else.

In short, after trying to get this to work for 45 mins today, I concluded that I was having the same probs as discussed in this old thread. HOWEVER...
Later tonight, I've relaunched the game and reloaded the savegame and now it's working. Every time, without (much) issue. Both fighter attack launch and deploy and retreat. Maybe there's an uninitialized condition that's corrected upon save/reload. Shrug.

====Original post follows=====

Not to mention eight years. Yes, it's me, Mr. Late to the party, necro-DW! (I really don't know what's preferred: to limit discussion to already-established (and as-yet unresolved) threads, or to start new ones, adding to clutter. I guess mods will yell at me if the latter is preferred.) Edit: bonus, new page!

I was trying (today) to show my kid how my new Zephyrus, loaded with Nova raiders, would take out an enemy easy with a simple command. I ran into the same problems mentioned in this thread. I eventually gave up and resorted to telling one fighter after another to follow a nearby ship, then one by one, told them all to attack the target. That's just... ridiculous, terribly inefficient.

Was this really never fixed? If not and if anyone knows a good fix for it (e.g. script) please let me know.

Disclaimer:
Yes, I know I'm behind the times, playing X3TC. Believe me, I've been watching an X4 let's play and it has me drooling... but alas, I don't have the PC for it right now. Can't wait for X5... that one's gonna have planets, I bet.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [x3tc] - Magnetar fighter commands not working

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 15:01

Just for future use, if you ever want to refer back to an ancient thread then start a new thread and link to the other thread in your opening post - but ideally after seeing if the topic you are about to discuss is mentioned in any changelogs for updates to the game since that thread as that can invalidate its discussions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”