Setting up a HOTAS for X3:AP

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Setting up a HOTAS for X3:AP

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 12:04

Hi, Im not reporting a fault but rather reaching out for some assistance and advice....

I have Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog & Saitek Combat pedals which I would like to use for X3:AP. So any advice on how to set it up or other users experiences would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Killaalf
xr

Post by Killaalf » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 12:30

I'm using a Cougar & CH Pro pedals myself and my setup looks something like this:

[ external image ]

I have changed around one or two things, but basically that's it. The game is fully controllable with just the HOTAS, though for buying/selling larger quantities I prefer using the mouse.

mortvvs

Re: Setting up a HOTAS for X3:AP

Post by mortvvs » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 20:06

How did you guys get it to work at all? Or am I trying to play the wrong version of X3?

I have tried both Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude and my Thrustmaster Cougar does nothing. Plus the in-game settings don't help. There's nothing in them that have any way of showing that it's recognizing my HOTAS, or any other stick for that matter (I have quite a few), my favorite being the Cougar. Do I have to set up configuration outside the game or something? Like with Foxy?

Maybe I'm used to Elite and some other games that seem to pick up and detect joysticks.. and in the settings I'm used to being able to select a function and pick a button. The X3 settings seem very vague.

Any advise is appreciated.. if anyone reads this.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Setting up a HOTAS for X3:AP

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 20:56

This is an 8 year dead thread. Also you asked the question in your own new thread. <click>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”