X³: TC and AP - Mac support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 10:33

@hubris

You mean what would normally be the root folder for the game?
If you've got the game installed through the app-store it'll be in "/Applications/X3\ -\ Albion\ Prelude\ ML.app/Contents/Resources/".

For the Steam version depends on where you installed but by default it'll be inside your home folder under "Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/X3 Terran Conflict", you can right click on the game in steam and go to Properties -> local files -> browse local files.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 13:41

Almost it's the same as /Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.X3AP-MAS/DataChanges/ so you'll find the addon folder in the one I mentioned.

Btw I'm afraid this is actually something that'll change. Currently there's a problem where the ingame script editor won't save any changes.
So basically I need to implement a similar "overloading" system that was present in the vp version. Unfortunately anything you put in there will probably get overwritten with the next update.

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 12:56

Hello,

Wasn't sure where to put this. I just noticed the Facebook news about VP Ltd customers get the new versions free, does this apply to VP's Physical copies? can they also be redeemed some how on the mac app store?
Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream, to kill him so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things!!! - Zap Brannigan

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 14:23

@Eriru Drourojj

Honestly I didn't know there was such a thing, if you can somehow get the app-store to recognize that you bought the game then you should just get the update.
But I'm guessing that version isn't tied in any way to the app-store.
Was there any cd-key or serial number with the box?

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 14:27

The news was from the Ego Facebook page. Yes I have a VP Ltd product key and a forum key in these formats.

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX Product key

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Forum Key, I think this one might be for the Ego forums

Also I have VP's Deliver2Mac versions of TC and AP
Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream, to kill him so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things!!! - Zap Brannigan

buxyboy
x3ap

App Store versions no longer work after update

Post by buxyboy » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 16:07

Hi there,

I updated both applications last night. X3AP to 3.5.2 (App Store says 3.1.0) and X3TC to 3.2.3. Both give an error now on start-up although there is mentioned compatibility with 10.7 or later.

from the error report (example for AP):

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework/Versions/A/GameKit
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/X3 - Albion Prelude ML.app/Contents/MacOS/X3 - Albion Prelude ML
Reason: image not found

under 10.7 a cannot find a GameKit.framework library. Anyone else having this problem?

kind regards,

Walter

iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core 5 (mid 2011)
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Memory 20GB

Hawkcode

X3 TC - Joystick Issues

Post by Hawkcode » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 01:39

Hi,

Just got TC through Steam for my Mac. Have Saitek X52 and set input device to that.

Started Game, Joystick and Throttle work fine, untill I touch the Keyboard or Mouse. Then the Joystick will not work again after that.

To get it back I have to totally quite the Game.

Any ideas???

Thanks
Rich

{Moved to the Mac support thread. - Nanook}

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 12:17

@buxyboy

Will fix. Though if you want game-center you'll have to update to 10.8.

@Hawkcode

Really weird, I haven't heard of an issue like that yet.
I understand toggling the steering modes (iirc it was the space-bar and shift-b or shift-n?), or fiddling with various game options doesn't help?

Werechull
x3ap

Post by Werechull » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 17:42

Could this be related to the issue discussed in this post:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 14#3490714

I don't know how you'd implement the "ignorejoy" fix on a Mac though.

shadowgrebacier
x4

Post by shadowgrebacier » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 05:11

Crashes after textures go all wonky (everything goes black, black censor-bar like objects covering where the hud should be, weird placement of textures on planetary objects (sometimes all blue, sometimes having arrays with weapons and other objects...)), Macbook Pro 15" retina display. Occasionally crashes after quitting the game with wonky textures and restarting, normally after inputting a command or changing locations. Running the latest steam version with the XRM mod and included cockpit mod.

http://pastebin.com/0JeTEsmY

phantomrock2
x4

Yeah I Have This Also

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 31. Mar 15, 12:23

Files are interchangeable between PC & MAC which is a plus because ever since something happened both X3TC&X3AP both act very erratically on the MAC platform. I was playing the other day when all of the sudden the screen went black on my 2008 MB Pro 13in with all sorts of colors everywhere. I dare not open it on my newer MB Pro 15in & I don't say this lightly.
[" thank you "]

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 11:11

@Hawkcode, Werechull

I guess it could be that issue, though I think the effect was different.
It's mentioned in the first post:
Certain joysticks may have a hand sensor that will confuse the game and result in very fast keyrepeat and menu navigation.
With Albion Prelude you can disable the button in the button remapping config dialog.
With Terran Conflict to disable the button currently you'll have to edit the hidden configuration file in "Documents/EgoSoft/X3TC/.config.yaml"
and set "Joy Button<button number> Src' to '-1' for the offending buttons, keep in mind they are numbered from 0.

boozehagskibum

X3TC latest mac update broke mods

Post by boozehagskibum » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 02:13

Hi
Have searched for a solution for this but haven't had any joy.
Got an update to the game via the mac app store (where I bought it) and since then my scripts have stopped working.
New version is 3.2.3
I have manually put in the add money and add notoriety scripts and they work. However when I exit the game and come back to play it again they have disappeared from the list.
I have also tried to install Cycrow's cheat pack. I have used X Plugin Manager which tells me they are installed correctly, however they aren't there at all. No additional Cycrow scripts nor the cheats (like god mode isn't available in command console for one)
Any ideas?
If it is the new release, how do I go back to V2.5?
Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Apr 15, 10:17

If this is a problem with an official update, then it should be posted in the official support thread, as we cannot do anything about that in the Scripts and Modding Forum.

***merged***
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

boozehagskibum

Post by boozehagskibum » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 00:07

Is this not the official support thread then?
this is my first interaction with this website
My game isn't off steam either, it is off the App Store

Update to my post
Figured out the problem after a few hours...!

After running Cycrow's package in PM I found that the scripts copied into this folder:
users/xxxx/library/containers/com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/data/scripts

These didn't work...
That was when, after some digging, I found another scripts folder in the actual app package (right-click on the app and click on show package contents) in the resources folder.
I copied and pasted all the cycrow scripts into this folder and - wahay!!!!

However, there is one minor issue.....
The main script relating to what you can do in the command console comes up as gobbledegook so when you click on option 3 (custom) you get garbled nonsense.
BUT....if you click on each of the garbled nonsense bits they still direct you to the particular cheat - wares, weapons, god mode etc

Hope this helps!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 09:40

boozehagskibum wrote:Is this not the official support thread then?
Yes, it is. But you didn't posted here in the first place, but in the Scripts and Modding forum instead, from where I moved your topic and merged it with this one.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

boozehagskibum

Post by boozehagskibum » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 10:27

Thought as much
Wonderful, thanks
Looking for responses to my updated query - instead of comprehensible text, it comes up with:

Select Command

1. ReadText2010-1400 [ReadText2011-1400]

And all the other options under custom are the same - lots of guesswork involved in trying to use them
Ideas?

Edit

Stop!!
Fixed it:

For all Mac users who purchased through the App Store and got an update 3.2 recently, the location for the script files is now NOT in the com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/scripts folder as they will not work. The update has moved the folders for this information into the app itself.

The same goes for the corresponding xml files stored in the com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/t folder

Instead they need to be placed in the same folders in the app package as follows:

Right click on the X3TC app and select 'show package contents'
Navigate to contents/resources and you will see a 'scripts' folder and a 't' folder

Copy and paste the scripts from the com.vpltd scripts folder into this scripts folder
AND - very important this bit - copy and past all the files form the com.vpltd 't' folder into the respective folder within the app package.

You may have to make one amendment to one of the files you placed into the 't' folder. The file 1000-L044 should have the the line

<t id="1400">Cheat Menu</t>

This is repeated for the page id 2010, 2011 and 2008

If it reads 1300 you will still get a bit of garbled nonsense (the readtext stuff)

Let me know if this works for anyone who has had this issue!

:) :)

buxyboy
x3ap

Games don't work anymore on OS X 10.7

Post by buxyboy » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 22:50

timon37 wrote:@buxyboy

Will fix. Though if you want game-center you'll have to update to 10.8.
30th of April. Still no update on the AppStore….?

phantomrock2
x4

I'm Rebuilding Again

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 30. May 15, 08:50

For the NEWEST MAC APP store version what is the path for saved game folder on MAC for both X3AP & TC I know its been moved because when I moved files from PC I do not see the them in my saved games when I load up
& also I am still getting distorted images when starting the game not as bad as before but still enough to scare me

well after poking around here on the other side of International Date Line I found that if you navigate to the respective folders

Users/Your Computer Home Name/Library/Containers/com.vpltd.X3AP-MAS/Data/save

I was able to move my files over from the PC onto the MAC
Why this was not provided for use will forever be a mystery

:evil: & I AM STILL SEEING WEIRD SCREEN DISTORTIONS that arrests the screen and the computer for about 3 to 5 seconds then it releases then it does it again for 3 to 5 seconds before I see the Egosoft presentation & the splash screens I really hope this is not taxing my GPU all the while rendering it unusable in the process I have been through a lot with the Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15in and with Intel HD 3000 chipset. Because when I look in the Mac App Store I find that just all other games do not support this graphic card. I just got it fixed so that it isn't crashing to a black screen after about 2 years fighting & tracking down what it was.
[" thank you "]

Airforce987
x3tc

X3TC Mac won't launch

Post by Airforce987 » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 00:52

Sorry if this has been posted and resolved before, but I couldn't find a (clear) solution in the mac support thread.

Just bought X3TC for mac from steam during their summer sale, but it won't make it past the initial loading screen before it crashes.

Is there a solution with clear instruction to follow?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Specs:
2010 15" MacBook Pro
OSX 10.10.2
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”