X3AP 3.1 No Steam - All resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Gerry Howarth
x4

X3AP 3.1 No Steam - All resolved

Post by Gerry Howarth » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 18:20

Hi,

Noticed that X3AP.exe changed in the 3.1 release, do we need a new X3AP_n.exe as well?

Gerry

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 19:27

No, you can use the NoSteam.exe X3AP 3.0 exe with X3AP 3.1.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gerry Howarth
x4

Post by Gerry Howarth » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 19:59

Thanks for the quick reply.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 22:14

Please note that the following fix won't be included if you do use the 3.0 NoSteam EXE:

- Fixed crash in mods when missiles are fired from docked ships

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:13

So does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the No Steam exe which includes the fix ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:57

No, as the patches are voluntary work by modders. Also note the fix is for mods that change the vanilla behaviour of ships.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 07:41

I moved my game directory from steam to a separate directory (as I plan on modding it in a different way); using the non steam exe to run the game.

Discovered that I cannot make my TL ships (albatross) drop stations when using the non steam exe. All the other files are identical, no changes or mods or scripts added. Identical game directory, different exe file, and I can't drop stations using a TL ship.

Am I missing something??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 14:02

You have to be IS with the TL to have the drop station option.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:19

OOPS, forgot about that....

(I won't mention how many hours I spent redoing mods and scripts and stuff....)

ltgriffin
x4

X3AP_n 3.0 not working

Post by ltgriffin » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 19:28

I am in a area where I need to be offline while playing. So have X3AP_n , I have droped it in the Dir for X3TC , I click X3AP_3.0 it appears the game starts, I click Start X3TC , the screen trys to load then I get a pop up error saying "File not found* addon\type\globals The game will not start with out turning on internet and using steam. This is not what I want. Any help would be great.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 20:11

If you run the X3AP 3.0 NoSteam.exe, then you shouldn't get the option to start X3TC. That sounds a bit strange.
In any way, I would suggest to let Steam verify your game installation, both X3TC and X3AP. Then try to run X3AP with the X3AP NoSteam.exe again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zortek
x4

Post by Zortek » Tue, 1. May 18, 17:46

[NECROMANCY]
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
ltgriffin wrote:I am in a area where I need to be offline while playing. So have X3AP_n , I have droped it in the Dir for X3TC , I click X3AP_3.0 it appears the game starts, I click Start X3TC , the screen trys to load then I get a pop up error saying "File not found* addon\type\globals The game will not start with out turning on internet and using steam. This is not what I want. Any help would be great.
If you run the X3AP 3.0 NoSteam.exe, then you shouldn't get the option to start X3TC. That sounds a bit strange.
In any way, I would suggest to let Steam verify your game installation, both X3TC and X3AP. Then try to run X3AP with the X3AP NoSteam.exe again.
To assist others with the same problem, I've been able to replicate this problem and solution.

The error: "File not found * addon\type\globals" will occur if you are attempting to use the NoSteam exe with an incomplete AP download.

Various "Clean Install" instructions direct the user to copy a clean (or new, or fresh, or unmodified) steam install to a non-steam directory (e.g. C:/X3). Replicating "the error" occurs when one reads the instructions TOO LITERALLY and only grab x3 terran conflict (sans Albion Prelude). Veterans presume new users understand the need to also install Albion Prelude. The NoSteam exe is only a single file replacement and does not preclude the need for the actual/prior install of AP. A clean install of TC from Steam does not have an addon directory -- a clean install of TC with AP does have an addon directory.

A Fix: A remedy to the "File not found * addon\type\globals" is to insure you have a clean/fresh/new install of both TC and AP before trying to "copy" the TC steam folder to a new location. The clue is in the launcher: a launch of AP should not say start X3TC.

Note: I do not claim this to be THE fix -- only that it is A fix. It is possible to replicate a file not found error in other ways. This is a fix for one very easy to make mistake for new users. YMMV

Additionally, new users may also not realize that Steam is quirky about presuming to installing DLC content on fresh installs. If you want a CLEAN install of TC and/or AP without the BONUS DLC. Be very mindful of the tick box BEFORE, DURING, and immediately AFTER installing TC and AP. If you do not want DLC content installed, you may need to intercept and tick off the DLC tick-box before while Steam is "allocating space" and before it actually begins the download/install.

Research didn't turn up any actual documented follow-up/resolution to the "File not found * addon\type\globals" error. The lack of resolution, I think, is a veteran /facepalm mistake.
[/NECROMANCY]

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. May 18, 18:16

@ Zortek: That's a good tip.

As you say there are several ways to achieve this and one is the recommendation above by X2-Illuminatus to use the Steam verify tool for both the X3TC and X3AP gamefiles caches (as also recommended in the FAQs here as a first action for all issues with Steam X games) before moving the game install and using the no-Steam exe.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 1. May 18, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 1. May 18, 18:20

Verifying both installations in Steam, as I wrote above, should have the effect of ensuring that all files are present.

The fact that you have to install X3AP before being able to play it, is somewhat obvious in my opinion. ;) But anyway, I've taken the hint and added the information to the How do I use the NoSteam executable? (X3: Albion Prelude) FAQ article, which is linked in the NoSteam.exe download description.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”