X3AP Corporate Troubles plot bug - reset doesn't fix - Fix coming in update!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SeanO91

X3AP Corporate Troubles plot bug - reset doesn't fix - Fix coming in update!

Post by SeanO91 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 10:41

I have seen multiple threads on this but they are 2+years old, I am hoping there is a more recent fix. I have just bought X3TC War Pack version (includes AP) and I am playing AP version 3.1.

I am doing the #4 share recovery mission in the corporate troubles plot and at the end after the transports arrived/were destroyed I have not received an update to return to the original mission giver. The gold mission arrow now directs me to his station, but there is no blue book there and he will not communicate with me on comms. Actually once, on an earlier but proximal save, I went there and he was not even there.

I do not have any earlier saves as I was running a transport mission in the same sectors simultaneously - so my autosaves got overwritten. id already overwritten the regular saves. I have tried docking at the station and checking all 3 sectors to make sure that there are no freighters around (there aren't). I also checked the target stations to make sure they hadn't 'landed' but gotten 'stuck' somehow.

As mentioned it's AP 3.1, running on windows 10 and AMD R9 M265x video card, 100% up to date (just updated drivers yesterday, in fact).

My game is mildly modified:
Cycrow's boarding
Abandoned ship spawner for AP, 'ASS-AP' (could this be the cause?)
Community Plugin configuration
Hotkey manager
Ware Manager
and a handful of ships added via XSP package, Nebulon B, Mon Cal Star Cruiser, Basilisk, 2 x YT1300s, millenium falcon, tie bomber, tie fighter, imperial avenger star destroyer.

I have since tried AP plots reset 3.1 and the corporate troubles plot resets OK, but I do not receive a notification to start it again. There is no option to chat to the guy when I return to third redemption, except for the usual 'where is shipyard' etc. I also still have the same corporate rank i did before i reset it. (i've made a copy of my saves before I ran this thing, so i can backup if necessary).

Can anyone advise if there is any fix yet or another workaround I might try? My game is modified already . Thanks heaps in advance.

**EDIT** i forgot to include this info in the first post, but it is Argon plot and non-steam version, i bought it from GOG.

***EDIT 2*** for mod reference, links to other threads on same issue

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=337486
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=391091
Last edited by SeanO91 on Fri, 13. Jan 17, 11:29, edited 3 times in total.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 10:56

Can you link to the other posts you found mentioning this issue for reference please.

SeanO91

Post by SeanO91 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 11:10

Cheers just updated the OP with links etc. (also said that it was argon plot and non-steam version).

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 11:22

Ok, if you could host your savegame, I may be able to take a look (hoping the mods don't cause too much trouble).

Likewise, if anyone else has this issue is a non-modded game, feel free to link it here.

SeanO91

Post by SeanO91 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 12:02

OneDrive link suit you or do you have a preferred method of hosting?

https://1drv.ms/u/s%21Ahh9KC5iirLnuhypa__ArtvLRsus

Edit: Fixed link. X2-Illuminatus

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 14:19

Thanks for the save. Should be fixed in the upcoming patch. Looks like the issue could have also affected the generic Dual Convoy missions you find.

SeanO91

Post by SeanO91 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 23:02

Thanks, I really appreciate it. The fact i even got a response is awesome, let alone a patch so many years after first release.

Quick Q will the patch likely require a new game start? Either way I think it is time to do the tormented teladi while I wait :twisted:

One small suggestion, for X4 you could use a quest system sort of like oblivion/skyrim with certain stages that can be set via a console? Then when players get stuck they could go 'setstage corptroubles 40' and force the next event in case of situations like this. Cheers again for your help, looking forward to the next patch :)

SeanO91

Post by SeanO91 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 23:39

Uh oh...I've fired up X3AP to start playing again this morning to start a tormented teladi game, and the game permanently hangs at the loading screen for 5 mins or more. all *seems* to be working (ie its using the processor, disk, and memory) but never loads in the game. Same with other game starts.

What's more, my game saves won't load because they're all corrupted, including autosaves from before when I used the X3AP plot reset 3.1 script. Worse, my backup saves, all from before I tried to reset the corp troubles plot, are all corrupt. Even the savegame I posted here for you last night is 'corrupt' when I re download it! Pinning the blame on my installation atm....about to try reinstalling.

*edit* OK false alarm..... not sure what happened there. after resetting several times etc with no success i disabled all my plugins 1 by 1 and started reenabling them to test which one was at fault . they ended up all reenabling successfully and i was able to both reload my saves and start a new game.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 14. Jan 17, 10:49

SeanO91 wrote:Thanks, I really appreciate it. The fact i even got a response is awesome, let alone a patch so many years after first release.

Quick Q will the patch likely require a new game start? Either way I think it is time to do the tormented teladi while I wait :twisted:
X3AP 3.2 will be a small patch mainly to fix bugs, so no new content I'm afraid.

zhiliren
x3ap

Re: X3AP Corporate Troubles plot bug - reset doesn't fix - Fix coming in update!

Post by zhiliren » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 15:00

I'm still stuck at Share Recovery (8): Set Up Rival - Dock at the designated station with 25 Space Fuel after patch

I have 25 space fuel onboard and cargo life support system. After I docked at the target station, nothing happens.

I may have change ships a couple of times before docking at the target station. Is this the reason?

How could I fix this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3AP Corporate Troubles plot bug - reset doesn't fix - Fix coming in update!

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 18:28

See if this thread helps you, especially the spoilers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

zhiliren
x3ap

Post by zhiliren » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 12:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 18:28
See if this thread helps you, especially the spoilers.
Thank you for your reply.

Although that is not the problem I encountered.

I think I am at one step before(*edit: wrong word) that, where I should pick up the mercenaries at the designated station.

My problem is I had 25 space fuels, cargo life support system, and big enough free cargo space,
I was docked at the right station where the mission arrow pointed at. The mercenaries just won't come on board.

I am not flying the same ship when I got this mission, nor aren't the space fuels on the same ship.
The original ship is Boreas and I'm to dock at a solar power plant to pick up the mercs. So you see my problem. :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”