Loading takes longer each time

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mik00014
x3

Loading takes longer each time

Post by Mik00014 » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 21:26

I've tried searching for the answer to this problem on the forum, but don't seem to have found anything.

Basically, when I start the game it loads and plays very well, however after the n'th time a savegame is loaded it takes about 50% longer to load than the time before and ingame gets more and more choppy. The only way to fix this has been to restart the game and load the last save.

I thought perhaps there was a memory leak, but memory usage never goes above 1.9GB on a 16GB RAM system. The game is installed on an SSD and so I really wasn't expecting loading time issues.

Has anyone come across this before?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 21:55

How big are your savegames? Do you use any mods?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mik00014
x3

Post by Mik00014 » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 22:21

Humm, looks like I've posted this in the wrong section, it should be in Albion Prelude. Sorry about that!

My savegame files aren't bigger than 14MB, and the game is completely unmodded.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 22:31

Moved to TC/AP Tech Support Forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 10:32

Could you provide one of the problem savegames so that someone can take a look?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”