X3:AP Boarded TL causing consistent game crash

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

X3:AP Boarded TL causing consistent game crash

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 18:06

I boarded a TL carrying a station and jumped it to a different sector. Now whenever I enter the sector it is in or jump it to me the game crashes. I had not yet purged it of the GOD rebuild station command.

What is the cause/solution to this problem?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 18:41

I assume this is a fully updated vanilla game and that the game installations for X3AP and X3TC have been separately verified (if Steam)? (Information helps us to help you.)

A past cause of capital ship-related game crashes was when the object ship had conflicting and contradictory orders of equal priority. A typical example in past reports involved an NPC TL with contradicting build and move-to orders.

It sounds in this case as though conflicting AI build vs player move commands could be your issue. I suggest the answer might be to try to clear the ship orders (set ship orders to 'none') remotely and then set up the relevant commands again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 23:21

Vanilla, English version downloaded from steam and latest version (3.3).

How do you verify the TC/AP installations?

I am playing from a Terran Commander game start.

I assume it is because I did not immediately change ship and take control of the TL to dock using the docking computer and purge the GOD engine build order.

I tried using none, idle and standby commands but that did not fix it.

Other players I have talked to have also encountered this bug but all they could figure out was some time later they were able to get into the same sector as the ship and wrestle control of it from GOD.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 23:56

DrSuperEvil wrote: .....
How do you verify the TC/AP installations?
In Steam library right-click on the game and select properties>local files>verify integrity of game files.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 14:04

Both games have been verified.

I have managed to find a work around by jumping the problematic ship back to the sector I boarded it in but when I change ships the max speed is locked at 1 until I jump out of that sector.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”