No Station Money Causes Game Freeze - Result of a mod.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ogamerdg
x3tc

No Station Money Causes Game Freeze - Result of a mod.

Post by ogamerdg » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 05:06

Hi,

I have been playing on X3AP with no issues for almost 300 hours and today my game started to constantly freeze. I tried everything i could think of from removing mods, reloading game files, etc with nothing working.

I read that traders could get stuck and cause a freeze so i started looking there and noticed that my HUB that i use as a big warehouse had no money left of the $200,000,000 i gave it. I gave the HUB more money and my game seems to have suddenly stopped freezing.

As i have around a 100 different traders and multiple complexies and only now having this issue i was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on if this is a station or trader issue that is causing my game to completely freeze?

As a note i have MK3, CAG and CLS all going to the hub to trade and drop of wares.

Any and all help on this is appreciated as i would prefer preventing this from happening again in the future.
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 11:01

It does not sound like any player station issue I have seen reported in vanilla games. You would normally get a spoken warning when a player station has no funds for a proposed trade from its account. Unaffordable NPC trades already in progress with your station should just fail without any game issues apart maybe from docked/queuing ships there.

The issue of a player trader getting stuck and freezing the game was almost always with those running an unsuitable player-commanded manual trade run with an NPC station. Does that sound relevant to your issue? Automated trading did not have this issue as their commands had contingencies for it.

Without knowing the effects on trading of any mods you may have had (and the ongoing effects in an already-modded save after their removal), we can't really help you. Sorry.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 18:42

Thanks for the response. The only station/trading mod that I was using was the MK3 Improvement Reloaded mod, but i don't think that my mods were the issue since I had steam verify the integrity of the game files. Which of course removed any mod edited files back to default and i still had the issue.

I am more curious about the game logic that would cause this freezing issue as i had never had any freezing issues with X3AP or X3TC before.

I made the hub a one stop shop that only traded with my ships and set everything to max price. So I have MK3 traders, my hub CLS and my complex CAG all going there to drop off anything that isn't full. I'm assuming that some trader had a conflict that froze the game, but at this point it is all guessing.

But at least I found the issue and everything looks to be working again, though i do need to re-add my mods.
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 30. Jun 18, 05:28

ogamerdg wrote:I had steam verify the integrity of the game files. Which of course removed any mod edited files back to default and i still had the issue.
Steam "verify integrity of game files" checks for the existence of files, but does not remove additional files and/or folders. The way X3 mod files work, this can easily mean that you still have a modded install even after Steam has successfully completed its verify. Worse still, Steam verify can replace changed original files while leaving additional, leading to an install that is not consistent with vanilla or properly modded. Personally, I like to keep a copy of a pristine vanilla install, and use "Synchronize It!" app to compare and easily revert to true vanilla any time. Use Synchronize it in other direction to keep copies of a modded setup. This has got to be the most bullet proof way of swapping between a modded and a vanilla install, as well as assisting in revision control while modding.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Re: No Station Money Causes Game Freeze

Post by Khaakbuster » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 13:07

I ran into game freeze issues as well during the last days. I'm playing TC 3.4 with X-Tended 2.2a. I have a savegame where the freeze always happens just 30s after loading so it's very suitable for testing. First I suspected the Boron plot to cause the freezes because that had just started and I never experienced these freezes before. I even installed a forced infinite loop detection mod, disabled MARS and OOS Combat Rebalance. None of it helped. As a last straw I pulled the plug from all my UTs and set their command to "None". The freeze was gone. Upon further examination I noticed that one UT was trying to sell Raster Oil to one of my shipyards which is strange because the shipyard doesn't have any money as I don't want my traders to buy resources for it. I produce enough resources with my nearby complex.

What ogamerdg and I have in common is that we both use the "MK3 Improvement Reloaded" script (version 1.8.9.7 in my case) that is used for the UTs. It seems that for some unknown reason traders can pick a player owned station with no money as selling point and as soon as they dock and try to sell their stuff the game freezes. For testing I transferred a million to the shipyard just before the trader arrived and that prevented the freeze as he was able to sell his stuff.

As a workaround I will put all my complexes and shipyards on the trader blacklist.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No Station Money Causes Game Freeze

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 23:52

OK, since this issue is specifically related to the Mk3 Improvement mod and not the vanilla game you will have to take this further in that mod's thread in the S&M forum. Thanks for clearining this up though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”