Random gifts of several billion credits

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

wydavies
x4

Random gifts of several billion credits

Post by wydavies » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 01:22

I've recently resumed playing X3AP after a short gap of 5 years. This playthrough was started in version 1.0, although I didn't get any big complexes going until version 3.0.

Anyway, I was managing my fleet of traders and trying to work out what the hell they were all up to when I noticed my account had gone up by many billion credits. I thought, "Wow! Those trading ships are working hard!".
Then I was in the middle of buying some fighters and kitting them out when I saw my account jump up by 10 billion credits in a instant.

So obviously this is some odd bug that I've never heard of before. The only station with auto-money transfer was the Hub, so I turned that off and it hasn't happened since. But the random money gifts only happened after a few hours and I haven't played for all that long since turning off auto-money transfer from the Hub.

Whilst vast gifts of money sounds like fun, I'd like to feel I'm making all the money myself, so it is a little bit annoying.

Has anyone heard of this bug before? Note that I have no mods installed and my game isn't flagged as modified.

Also does anyone know of a way to quickly "waste" 50 billion credits (my best guess of the amount the bug has gifted me)

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 11:07

Yes, it's a bug with the CLS auto fund transfer from station option. It happens when you use it (instead of the vanilla auto transfer method) and you already have over 2 billion credits in your account.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 13:15

Hence the workaround to stop it continuing to happen is to reduce your personal credits total well below the 2 Bn mark by lodging quantities of cash at your stations.

As for wasting 50 Bn in vanilla, hmm. You could buy lots of expensive stuff, ships and stations and then just dump/destroy them or maybe just use them as parking/storage. It could even do your race rep some good while doing it.

You could maybe even lodge goods, cash and park ships at new stations before self-destructing them too. This isn't something I've ever thought about before! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 14:18

Turning off the CLS auto transfer works too.

wydavies
x4

Post by wydavies » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 20:58

Ah! So that's what is happening. It occurred again and after a search I found auto-transfer turned on for a pesky ore mine tucked away in a corner.
This would explain why it happened so rarely. I'm surprised any AI traders even found that mine.

I guess I'll go buy 500 M2s and then blow them up :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”