X3AP NoSteam.exe Download - Fixed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

oO_Alastor_Oo

X3AP NoSteam.exe Download - Fixed

Post by oO_Alastor_Oo » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 10:00

Hi there!

Well, this is not an actual Problem with AP but more an Problem with the Website it seems, but as i cant find any dedicatet Support for the Homepage or the Downloads i'll post it here in the hopes of getting some help. ;)

Problem is following:
I want to mod my Game up to play Litcubes Universe, wich needs to have the NoSteam.exe from the Download Section.
You can only download it if you enter your Gamecode in your Profile or link your Steamaccount to your Profile.
As i bought AP on Steam i got to do the latter, as i dont have any Keys or Registrationnumbers on Hand...
Now the Problems kick in. If you klick on "Sign in through Steam" you get redirected to the Steampage wich i had with other Games also in the Past, but as soon as i hit the Login Button so the Egosoft Page gets the unique ID from Steam, it looses connection after a few seconds of loading...

Seems like the Egosoft Server doesnt respond to the Steampage.
Other Games work well, i tryed it with 2 others to confirm it is no Problem of Steam.
I also noticed, that the Steampage doesnt list the Egosoftpage like other games do...
Normally at other Games it states "Login with your Steamaccount at "GameXYZ" but with Egosoft it states "Login with your Steamaccount at 192.168.3.2".

Anyhow, i aint able to download the NoSteam.exe for the love of my life and got stuck with my Modprogress... lol
Anyone knows an Solution or alternative (legal) download Method for it? or do i have to wait for Things to eventually work again in the Future?^^

Regards
Alastor

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X3AP NoSteam.exe Download

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 11:17

Thanks for letting us know! BurnIt! is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it. This may take some time though, as due to the recent forum software update there are a couple of things not working as they should.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

oO_Alastor_Oo

Re: X3AP NoSteam.exe Download

Post by oO_Alastor_Oo » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 11:31

Thanks for the fast Answer :)

Yeah i guessed it is because of the Major changes made to the Website.. i was generally not able to even connect to Forums for a few Days at all :p
Bad Things happen at Overhauls as nobody has everything in View at once and i guess i can wait a few Days for the .exe and enjoy the vanilla Storyline again meanwhile :)

regards

Alastor

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X3AP NoSteam.exe Download - Being worked on

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 15:16

Linking your Steam account to your forum account should work again. Please test and confirm!
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 19:35

oO_Alastor_Oo wrote:
Sat, 29. Sep 18, 10:00
I want to mod my Game up to play Litcubes Universe, wich needs to have the NoSteam.exe from the Download Section.
That is a fake requirement. LU can play with the standard exe just fine as long as it is installed to the location steam expects.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 19:56

@ SirNukes: Whilst technically correct, that is a very bad idea for the average mod player. Common wisdom is that you keep a pristine vanilla Steam installation kept updated right where Steam expects it (for modded game repairs, bug splatting and reinstalls as necessary - and even if you don't ever play vanilla) and that you always mod a copy of the vanilla install made safely somewhere else to avoid Steam updating/correction (hence use of the No-Steam exe).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

s10g
x3ap

Post by s10g » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 15:24

I am having the same problem as OP. When I click the green button "Sign in through STEAM", I get taken to a website which shows nothing and the connection is closed. HTTP response header shown below:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 13:21:51 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31622400; includeSubdomains;
Vary: User-Agent
Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 0
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 19:25

Thanks a lot for checking. Seems some work still needs to be done here. BurnIt! will have a look tomorrow.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 09:41

Apologies for the delay - it should really be working now . I just successfully removed and re-added my Steam link.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

s10g
x3ap

Re: X3AP NoSteam.exe Download - Fixed

Post by s10g » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:24

Works :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3AP NoSteam.exe Download - Fixed

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:14

Great to hear that. Enjoy your game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”