Plugin Manager does not warn that save files will be deleted

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Czenda
x3ap

Plugin Manager does not warn that save files will be deleted

Post by Czenda » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 11:53

I had:
1. uninstalled Plugin Manager
2. reinstalled X3AP from Steam
3. made a copy of the game dir and installed LU into it
4. played for a couple of hours
5. made another game dir copy to install XRM into
6. installed Plugin Manager
7. added the newly made XRM directory
8. removed the Steam AP andd TC directories from the Plugin Manager (as I did not intend to use it on them)

And the LU save files are gone. At no point I was warned that they would be deleted. I understand this is probably by design but still, if save files are deleted, shouldn't the user be notified?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Plugin Manager does not warn that save files will be deleted

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 12:26

All your issues are with 3rd party mods and tools and not with the vanilla game. Please post your issues is in the relevant threads in the X3TC/AP Scripts and Modding forum. In vanilla there is only one gamesave folder location and so the relevant saves will always be overwritten by new saves from fresh gamestarts.

Be aware that Plugin Manager has modded and vanilla modes and so it is worth checking that you are in the correct mode for the saves you are looking for.

That all said, you can easily avoid such save issues if you use mrbadger's excellent savegame manager tool. It allows you to store saves of different versions of gameplay, whether variously modded or vanilla with achievements, quite safely and reliably in separate campaign folders.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”