Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing? - Resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

sidd
x3ap

Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing? - Resolved

Post by sidd » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 22:45

I've already posted this in the X Trilogy Universe forum but maybe here is a better place?

So probably I'm dumb or something, but I'm trying to update AP from 3.1 to 3.3 with no success. I have multiple installations so I'm trying to update manually.

I found this page where I downaloaded the TC patches, since there wasn't any AP patch I supposed they were packaged together, but when I install the patches it seems that AP isn't modified at all.

Here I can see what files have been changed in AP but looking at the folder nothing is changed. Can you help?

EDIT:
This is a post from the other thread, for integration, sorry for posting the same topic in two forums, you can lock one of them if you wish.

As I said above I'm trying to update manually since I have multiple installations.

I know that if I reinstall (I had uninstalled it afetr copy-pasting the X3 folder and using Non-Steam executable) through Steam I'll have the latest versions but I was trying to avoid it. It was easy for TC, but I didn't find anything to update AP..

So the real question is Why i cannot update manually AP but I can for TC? Or where can I find the AP manual updates?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 19:20

There never have been manual patches for X3AP. All versions of X3AP are either bound to Steam or GOG. For the Steam version a Nosteam.exe was provided, so that people can play the game if they have a serious technical issue with Steam (the Steam Client) they cannot solve otherwise, and to mod their games more freely. As it's been mentioned in the NoSteam.exe FAQ using the NoSteam.exe has, among others, the disadvantage of not being able to update the game. Hence why, we usually suggest to keep the Steam installation and to not modify it. That way, even if you have multiple other installation, you can just copy over the new and changed files to your other installations. The added/changed files for each update are listed in the AP Steam patches Documentation thread in the Scripts and Modding Forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sidd
x3ap

Re: Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing?

Post by sidd » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 20:54

That clears everything. I reinstalled TC/AP through Steam so I can have the latest updates. Thanks for the help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”