DS4 Controller turning slower than keyboard

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

METAShift
x3ap

DS4 Controller turning slower than keyboard

Post by METAShift » Wed, 31. Oct 18, 16:16

Hello, I wanted to try using my PS4 controller attached to my PC to steer the ship during combat(I'm using DS4windows), but I've noticed that when pulling the stick all the way to the left\right my ship turns a lot slower than pressing A or D on my keyboard. I've tried messing around with various deadzone, sensitivity and output curves and managed to make a complete mess. I'm not very familiar with all this controller and joystick stuff, can anyone help me figure out which options to adjust and what the recommended settings are?

Thanks in advance.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: DS4 Controller turning slower than keyboard

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 13:55

Start by resetting controls to defaults and deleting any custom control profile you have created. That should get you back out of the mess you mentioned.

Your controller should have its own control panel that describes the effects of the various settings - is that not the case this time? Be aware that the keyboard controls just give on or off. You either want your sticks to mimic a simple full off/full on function using just the deadzone, or you want a stick sensitivity giving a linear increase from off in deadzone to full at maximum deflection.

I hope that a DS4 user can help you further. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”