Linked steam games, cannot download no-steam.exe

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ninth
xr

Linked steam games, cannot download no-steam.exe

Post by ninth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:07

Truth in advertising. I successfully linked steam and confirmed x3-AP (and all other expected games). I still get access denied via http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bo ... wnload=596

I've cleaned cache, nuked cookies (after ensuring they were enabled, via both silly popup and the bottom banner), logged out and in. Help would be welcome.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Linked steam games, cannot download no-steam.exe

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:16

I know you said you tried to logged out and in, but would you please check and confirm again that when you're on the linked download page, the "Logout" button is displayed at the upper right corner?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ninth
xr

Post by ninth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:15

Hey Illuminatus, thanks for the response.

I was actually worried about that but the symptoms are a bit weird.

From the linked page, I see "log in" as if I were not, but when I click it, I'm sent, logged in, to the forum page. I've tried going from there to the aformentioned link, but it once again says only "log in." (Clicking on it again will, once again, send me logged in with no prompt to the forum.)

I've done the similar pattern of ctrl+5+dev prompt cacheless refreshes on that page, cookie clears, same behavior. (Even tried from an incognito session)

Sorry if I'm being quite thick, let me know if the above isn't clear and I can screenshot.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:25

When you log in into the forum / website, please make sure that the "Remember me" option is checked. Apparently that's required for accessing the downloads on the egosoft.com website.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ninth
xr

Post by ninth » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 03:20

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's already set and confirmed. (I tried permutations of all the obvious flags)

My sanity check that I"m not making this up is that I was still logged in and able to reply when I got home from work today, from not having posted since the prior above.

Wyartip
xr

Post by Wyartip » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:05

I think I had the same problem, in that when I logged into the forum after accepting cookies on the pop up and the main page and checking the "remember me" box, and then using my browsers address bar to return to the main page, I was not logged in on that page, but I was able to go back to the main page while staying logged in by returning by clicking on a link to the main site in a forum post or in the nav bar.

So you have to get back the main page is a certain way to be logged in there? :?

ninth
xr

Post by ninth » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:18

AHA

I had a moment of clarity and figured the issue out. For progeny, here's how to solve this.

- Put "https://" before the address. It's that simple.

For site admins, you should kindly look at setting a default redirect to https or something to that effect, at least as a stopgap. (I'll send you my consulting rate :P )

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”