Mouse & Keyboard options missing in X3 Terran War Pack - Resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

m4ndr01d
x4

Mouse & Keyboard options missing in X3 Terran War Pack - Resolved

Post by m4ndr01d » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 20:07

Apologies if I missed this subject somewhere in the forums. My search Kung Fu isn't all that great...I did try tho.

Problem: Keyboard and Mouse options are missing in initial, Start-up UI and in-game UI as well. I do have some mouse and some keyboard control functions in-game, however. [GoG manual game download/No GoG Galaxy]
I've tried reinstalling several times, applying Admin Privileges to even the damn bin files and removing all other peripherals from my PC whilst doing so, but no luck.

Joystick controls are the only thing that show up in the start-up and in-game UI's. How do I get a proper config file set up for my game? I've thought about downloading the 3.4 patch from Egosoft and writing over the installed game from GoG to see if I get a correct config file. Is that even possible? Nothing on the GoG forums I could find either and the game installation file-check reports no corrupted or missing files.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

m4ndr01d
Let no m4n be left behind.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Mouse & Keyboard options missing in X3 Terran War Pack

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 20:21

What kind of options are you looking for? The game starter and start menu options menu are rather limited with regards to changing settings. To rebind controls you have to actually start the game and open the ingame options menu (in the sidebar, by default Shift+O) and from there the controls menu.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 20:45

Adding to what X2 said above about the in-game options, if all you are seeing in-game are the joystick options then you are only looking in Options, Controls at the 'Controls' tab. If once in Options, Controls you click on the 'Game' and 'Interface' tabs at the top of the screen then you should find all the mouse and keyboard options that you would be likely to want.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

m4ndr01d
x4

Post by m4ndr01d » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 22:20

Okay, thanks for your quick responses gentlemen.

I was only looking in the 'control' menu and saw joystick settings only.
I didn't go into the 'game' and 'interface' menus to see the actual key settings/bindings provided there...not the most intuitive set-up, imho, but nobody ever accused me of being a genius. :wink:

Not having the keyboard and mouse option in the drop-down menu of the start-up UI was also confusing. Joystick was the only option there and I expected to see 'mouse and keyboard' offered as well.

Appreciate the help,
m4ndr01d
Let no m4n be left behind.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”