X3-TC Goner plot bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

KURSED
x4

X3-TC Goner plot bug

Post by KURSED » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 15:26

Hey there,

I've just faced a big problem. I'm working on the Goner plot and the Pirate base was turned into a firework only minutes ago.
But while I was fleeing to my panther (i was aboard a death claw only with shields docking computer and "life support system" (I hope you know what I mean... I play german version and don't know the name in englisch ^^)

1km before docking computer range my shields were gone and I got a hit destroying my life support system. When I finally docked I realized that the Terran agent was gone. I searched the whpole sector Gaias star but nothing so i decided just to jump to the mission target but they dont finish the mission.

I cannot reload an earlier savegame as I play DiD mode. Any solutions or ideas I could try?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3-TC Goner plot bug

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 15:49

I think that could be one set of circumstances that the mission designers did not foresee! In this case it could well be that dead IS dead (for the plot character).

The likely problem is that I can only think of a game modding type of approach to reset the mission - and that is probably out of the question for your DiD playstyle. Others may know of a way though, or perhaps the agent is intended to respawn after a time (if in space then you would have a chance to pick him up but if docked at a station you could be out of luck in trying to get him to eject again), so good luck anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KURSED
x4

Post by KURSED » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 16:05

That he may be on another station was my first thought but the other pirate station was "empty" no NPC's aboard.

*sigh* so i have to redo the whole DiD game again and this after goner plot was one of my very last plots. I need it as requirement for "A new home" plot and the Aldrin plot... I just let the game go on a bit maybe somehow he will return to life again.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 17:32

Heh, that was a prophetic choice of Username!

Nuit
x3tc

Post by Nuit » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:12

Usually (I have no confirmation for DiD games) plot items (Ships, Characters, etc.) will respawn after destruction. Usually in the Sector they have been last triggert by the AI.
In case of a character you should have a floating around Spacesuit soon in the sector. Check the sectors where you either have lost him, where you got the mission to bring him or where you are meant to deliver him. He should respawn in one of them, depends where GOD has him on track.
I once unsoughtfully sold the TM I used for the Treasure Hunt, including the plot character I had to deliver to the argons. He just respawned in the sector where I picked him up before.

In a not DiD game (even if not modified) I would suggest to make a copy of your save, enable the script editor and run a search for him and a soon as he's found go back to the unmodified game and pick him up.
But I guess that's not an option in a DiD game.
So if the DiD is also true for plot characters. Then you are up for a relaunch :(

Cheers,
Nuit

P.S.: How did you survive that long anyways ?
If you are pulling stunts like this "flying around in an almost not equipped Deathclaw in a mission that involves capital ships and pissing them off in a pirate sector" it's quite a miracle that you got that far...
Especially if you already have stuff like a Panther at hand and it was appearently out of landing computer range when you disembarked the pirate station.
Hitman - In Space

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 01:22

Nuit wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:12
P.S.: How did you survive that long anyways ?
If you are pulling stunts like this "flying around in an almost not equipped Deathclaw in a mission that involves capital ships and pissing them off in a pirate sector" it's quite a miracle that you got that far...
I completed all the plots in DiD mode long ago and still don't know what a Deathclaw is...
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 15:46

It's a ship from the X3: X-Tended mods.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 07:49

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 19. Mar 19, 15:46
It's a ship from the X3: X-Tended mods.
Nope. The correct English name is "Blastclaw", and it's in the normal game. In fact it's one of the first M3 you can get your hands on, because there is an abandoned one close to the Poisoned Paranid gamestart. "Death claw" is the literal translation of the German "Todesklaue".

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 15:52

... and it's a ship named Deathclaw in English in the X3: X-Tended mod. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”