Game crashing quite often--X3tc with some mods

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Assassin8edKING

Game crashing quite often--X3tc with some mods

Post by Assassin8edKING » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 16:29

Hi all,

I'm running an off the shelf i5 7th gen laptop, 2.5ghz, 6gb ram and an nvidia 940mx graphics card.

Playing X3tc with cycrows plugin manager, running a few mild mods, SEWN, player hq in boron stations, STO mod, CLS mod, workshop mod and a few others that came with the plugin manager, nothing hugely game changing.

I've recently started having complete game crashes regularly now. I know many say it's because they added a mod etc and often end up wrong, but I have a hunch since this hasn't happened before, had established the game works fine with the mods I have now installed after several weeks of stable gameplay and no new mods added, but a few days ago I added in some T files and Scripts for a mod called Yalamandis ship corporation (or very similar) and during the same gaming session it started with the crashing.

I've tried removing the T files and Scripts for that mod, but it's still happening, I've lowered my graphics settings to the utter minimum and it still happens. The option to assign a hot key for yalamandis service is still in my options menu.

It occurs when I'm in a situation of high speed turning and banking etc, especially more common if there are a few asteroids in view or its a misty nebula sector. Not necessarily when there's weapons fire or enemy ships about, just when I'm turning quickly or moving around suddenly while flying at speed.

The game basically freezes for about 1.5seconds, goes silent for that time too, then jolts back into action for maybe a 10th of a second then just completely crashes back to my desktop.

Any ideas anyone? Is there a proper method I should try for removing anything further of that Yalamandis ship mod?

Many thanks in advance 🙏
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Game crashing quite often--X3tc with some mods

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 16:44

You pretty much state that it was adding new mod files that started all this. Removing those files will not help if you carry on from a save made at any time with those files installed. Does the game crash (without those new files) from a fresh start or from a save made before you added in those files? If not, then there is your answer.

If it does crash from a fresh start or save made before those files were installed, then you probably need to do a complete game wipe and clean full reinstall and then add back your mods one by one checking in a fresh start if it crashes after each one. When you get as far as you can with that without crashing, then try your last save made before you installed the suspect files. If it works then great but don't use those last mod files again as they may be clashing with and overwriting something else that you do actually need to keep playing.

BTW, this would have been better placed in the S&M forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Assassin8edKING

Re: Game crashing quite often--X3tc with some mods

Post by Assassin8edKING » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 17:53

Hi Alan,

Cheers for the good info as always, I shall try those things, just sucks I've been playing for a good few days since first putting those files in 😒

But still, crashing is just an ass and not worth tolerating so I'll try your suggestions and report back.

Apologies for the wrong topic, please feel free to move the post if that's the protocol 🙏
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”